Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress (/thread-5767.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Apuly - 04-05-2015

We've also had a couple of occurrences surrounding "me vrother got on me computor"
While you might be able to get direct access to minecraft using the latest launcher, you still need to go through a security layer on SSH, and then have the knowledge with regards to controlling the server.

Keeping harmful commands in a secure environment makes it harder for other people to do harm, both occidentally and purposely.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 04-05-2015

(04-05-2015, 09:28 PM)paulydboy Wrote:
(04-05-2015, 09:12 PM)PabloDons Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 04:51 PM)tyler569 Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 03:49 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: What we can do is not make every admin OP.

Really, no one should be OP if we actually took the time to make permissions that make sense (no, not "*", there are some things that should be relegated to the extra security console gives)

But that's effort.

idk what should be replaced by using console, but it is as simple as adding the node after a dash to remove it's use ("-essentials.afk.kickexempt" for instance).
either way, IRC is by my opinion the best way to monitor chat. requires much less CPU intensity, you can search through it, and there are by no doubt some clients that write logs (not that it is needed, but might be useful).

Tay is not referring to just one change in the staff perms, he's referring to a complete redesign of what staff actually is, where commands that can be vulnerable are removed, so that if somebody logs in with the account of a staff member, he can't fuck up everything.

I must say, I agree with everything that tay said in his post.

well, more commands can easily be added to the perms so it is removed from use. as I said, you can just add a dash before the node for each specific command or group of commands.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - tyler569 - 04-05-2015

There's also a bit of a fundamental misunderstand it seems. Under no circumstance would I ever use "-permission" to remove permissions. If we were going to do this, we would be generating a new set of permissions detailing everything admins *are* allowed to do from the ground up, not limiting a few hot button ones.

When dealing in security, never use blacklists, always assume the default positon is deny and use whitelists.

Again though, effort.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - jxu - 04-06-2015

(04-05-2015, 11:34 PM)tyler569 Wrote: When dealing in security, never use blacklists, always assume the default positon is deny and use whitelists.

QFT

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - PabloDons - 04-07-2015

1.8 server is out woho! finally!

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - fluffy406 - 04-08-2015

has too much LAG
seriously
I cant even get to my old plot to copy my stuff to new plot
I just fall through my plot floor

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 04-08-2015

Can't people learn to calm down? Lag is always an issue, fixing it is of course on the agenda.

RE: ORE 1.8 Server Development Progress - Nickster258 - 04-08-2015

This thread has been closed. To visit discussions and issue reports visit the stickied thread.