Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet (/thread-5661.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: intOREnet - Nickster258 - 02-14-2015

For some reason I now want to join the network just so I can make a virus...

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 02-14-2015

(02-14-2015, 03:24 AM)Curiosity85 Wrote: malware

(02-14-2015, 04:24 PM)Nuuppanaani Wrote: virus

(02-14-2015, 05:47 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: virus

May I maintain that I am responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the infrastructure that is intOREnet. I will not claim any responsibility for malware caused by users of intOREnet. May I advise some sort of antivirus built into vulnerable devices connected to intOREnet? I would also like to hear staff's opinions on cyber-cyber-crime.

On a more positive note, the plans for the switches/hubs have been made, they are very much the same, just that RLCD OUT should be connected directly to RLCD IN for the connection which are end devices (not a switch) on the hubs, since devices connected will not have RLCDs. It is just a matter of building the switches and laying wires now Tongue

Regarding port multipliers: There will be no official support for these, but they can act like devices, which then direct packets to further devices. The addresses used for these must be inside the data section of the standards or it will screw around with the rest of the network. Sending packets that do not follow the standards may cause undesirable results.

RE: intOREnet - Tommyand - 02-17-2015

It would be sort of neat to see a computer that got a virus... in a game being run by a computer...

Now I want to make a machine where the contents of ram are executable... Eventually...

Back on to what I was going to say, if/when I become a member of the build server, I give permission for routers, wires, etc... I wouldn't mind if part of it were above ground, either. And, at some point I'd like to hook something up to the intOREnet. But that'll probably be a while. Just giving advanced notice.

RE: intOREnet - Phase - 02-17-2015

Dude, I'm going to spam everyone with an ASCII dick.

RE: intOREnet - LordDecapo - 02-18-2015

(02-17-2015, 08:37 AM)Phasesaber Wrote: Dude, I'm going to spam everyone with an ASCII dick.

Lol
I will have RAM connected that can be executable.. and written to over a network...
so u could hack into it if u timed an interrupt properly.. through the network.. and network converter (IizRwebs will run different formats then IntOREnet, but my network will have a conversion system

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 02-19-2015

(02-17-2015, 08:37 AM)Phasesaber Wrote: Dude, I'm going to spam everyone with an ASCII dick.

All packets containing an ASCII dick will now be denied by the switches at a hardware level.

Jk

(02-18-2015, 04:21 AM)LordDecapo Wrote:

Lol
I will have RAM connected that can be executable.. and written to over a network...
so u could hack into it if u timed an interrupt properly.. through the network.. and network converter (IizRwebs will run different formats then IntOREnet, but my network will have a conversion system

Prehaps authenticate before writing any and all data to ram to be executed?

I just had an idea - encrypted transfer between you and a CPU. You send instruction, CPU executes, returns a confirmation and any output. Dat would be keel

Here's my opinion on viruses and other shady shit:
You can do it as long as you have the target's permission (for tests and shit)

RE: intOREnet - greatgamer34 - 02-20-2015

I would like to be connected to this, just not at my 1x2 plot with the cool floor. Ill take the hardware at /pwarp great If you could have it near the purple side that'd be cool. Smile

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 02:41 AM)greatgamer34 Wrote: I would like to be connected to this, just not at my 1x2 plot with the cool floor. Ill take the hardware at /pwarp great If you could have it near the purple side that'd be cool. Smile

That's cool, but it'll take a while to build these switches, I may hold it off till we get the 1.8 server.

RE: intOREnet - Magic :^) - 03-31-2015

1.8 is coming soon ™...

Will you be continuing your work?

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 03:10 PM)MagicalGentleman Wrote: 1.8 is coming soon ™...

Will you be continuing your work?

Yes

If anyone wants to help me that would be great since the switches still need to be built. The next thing I need is some write-once memory. I made a change or to to how addressing will work but nothing major. I need a memory bank that will:

1. Write 8 bits of data in the next available slot
2. When it receives 6 bits of data in a different input, it will search for a byte of memory that has those 6 bits in the first 6 bits of it, then outputĀ the last 2 bits of that byte.