Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
intOREnet - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: intOREnet (/thread-5661.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 04:25 PM)Frontrider Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 05:08 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 10:59 AM)Frontrider Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 09:22 AM)slugdude Wrote: Unfortunately, the network relies on the receiver being online, although please feel free to experiment.

Why exactly the reciver needs to be loaded? (if the routing is not static. If dynamic, than i can understand.)

You might be able to increase speed if you use longer wires alongside the self chunk loading ones. tripwire can go for 40 blocks, if the persen is there than it will be faster.

It has nothing to do with the routing, it's just that repeaters and torches freeze in unloaded chunks. I can make the wire load for long enough to transfer the signal, but not the routers/switches. As I stated in my first post, I haven't decided exactly how the addresses will work, it may end up nothing like real life IP addresses.

i know that you will need that wire.
i'm saying to use an alternative faster route if possible (the guy is on his plot and keeps it loaded). If not posible, use the self chunk loading one.

Bear in mind that some plots will be quite a distance from each other, so there most likely unloaded chunks between them. The chunk loading wire only wastes one block in terms of signal strength, but it needs to be like that. I think it's an acceptable trade off for a wire that loads chunks.

RE: intOREnet - Noah7545 - 01-28-2015

Also, since there is only a 2 bit wire how can you have a packet number and a payload sent at once? or is it serial?

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 01-29-2015

(01-28-2015, 11:29 PM)Noah7545 Wrote: Also, since there is only a 2 bit wire how can you have a packet number and a payload sent at once? or is it serial?

It's serial. There will be four wires, two each way. Two are for data transfer, the other two are for my RLCD that will determine if a router is available to send a signal to.

RE: intOREnet - Nickster258 - 01-29-2015

If half of the wires are dedicated to figuring out if a router can even receive data, you need to rethink the allocation of wires. My system runs off of 4 wires and upon an IP that doesn't match, rejects all other packets.

RE: intOREnet - Back_and_Black1 - 01-29-2015

crazy what exactly do you plan to have on your plot and who can build there?

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 01-30-2015

(01-29-2015, 03:11 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: If half of the wires are dedicated to figuring out if a router can even receive data, you need to rethink the allocation of wires. My system runs off of 4 wires and upon an IP that doesn't match, rejects all other packets.

How else do you propose I do it?

RE: intOREnet - Nickster258 - 01-31-2015

Staff has discussed this and you are okay to continue on this project.

However, here are the conditions:

1. You can build on inactive plots as long as you ask the staff first and they grant you permission.
2. You can make the network of any size but if we see performance issues, we will ask you to either decrease the size of it or to remove it completely.
3. You are to respect the builds on the inactive plots. You cannot destroy any build on active or innactive plots.

Please be mindful of these conditions. They will be enforced by the staff team.

RE: intOREnet - Frontrider - 02-01-2015

You can come over and use the area under my plot, as long as you don't break the surface.

RE: intOREnet - slugdude - 02-01-2015

(01-31-2015, 08:20 PM)Nickster258 Wrote: Staff has discussed this and you are okay to continue on this project.

However, here are the conditions:

1. You can build on inactive plots as long as you ask the staff first and they grant you permission.
2. You can make the network of any size but if we see performance issues, we will ask you to either decrease the size of it or to remove it completely.
3. You are to respect the builds on the inactive plots. You cannot destroy any build on active or innactive plots.

Please be mindful of these conditions. They will be enforced by the staff team.

Thank you nick and other staff Big Grin

Sure, Frontryder, everything is underground unless you say you want it above ground.

RE: intOREnet - PabloDons - 02-01-2015

I'd like to be connected, it's no problem for me as I got the space below my plot. So long I can't see a single redstone dust above the floor, different colored blocks, levers and buttons are cool

Edit: btw I suggest you make your net out of a block that isn't regularly used, that way it will be easy to remove large portions of the net if it poses performance issues