Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Snuggle Adder V3 - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: Snuggle Adder V3 (/thread-557.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Snuggle Adder V3 - Konstacon - 07-12-2013

Hello there! I have recently been working on Insta-carry adders (Kudos to tomys for teaching me how they work) and I suddenly came across a slow 7 tick design. That was V1, which I never posted. The XNOR's in that adder were 4 and 3 ticks, and an additional 1 tick from a flash. Then, after messing around with it, I turned it into a 5 tick adder. 5 tick was much faster, but I knew I had to improve. Finally, I came up with this 4 tick insta-carry adder. It added amazingly fast, but it did stagger. The adder is extremely easy to make into ALU functions.

Size:
16 Long
2 Wide (With 2 block of additional slanting)
7 High
Speed:
4 ticks without flashes
Carry Speed:
0 ticks (Insta-carry)

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - CMOSprinkles - 07-19-2013

Can you post a picture?

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - EDevil - 07-19-2013

^ indeed

btw Snug, you do know that there are plenty of awesome designs that operate at 3 ticks, and kinda "buggy" designs that can preform addition at 2 ticks? Just saying...

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - Konstacon - 07-20-2013

(07-19-2013, 05:03 PM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote: ^ indeed

btw Snug, you do know that there are plenty of awesome designs that operate at 3 ticks, and kinda "buggy" designs that can preform addition at 2 ticks? Just saying...

I know, but I thought I could make one, so this is what i came up with. If you don't like it, don't use it. ;3

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - Guy1234567890 - 07-20-2013

Big Grin

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - CMOSprinkles - 07-21-2013

Evil, I would love to see a link to an 'awesome' 3 tick 2 wide instant carry adder. I don't think it has been done, especially since the instant carry system takes 2 ticks to reset on the falling edge, which makes them only able to be clocked at 2 ticks slower than the time to calculate the sum or carry. For example, if a regular piston based instant carry adder takes 4 ticks to calculate sum or carry (two 2 tick XOR's for sum and a 2 tick AND plus a 2 tick XOR for carry), it takes two more ticks to change states from carry to sum due to the piston taking two ticks to block the carry. So, it can only be clocked at 6 ticks.

tl;dr: Are you sure those '3 tick instant carry adders' aren't actually 5 ticks?

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - CMOSprinkles - 07-24-2013

Still waiting for those pictures :3

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - Billman555555 - 07-24-2013

(07-21-2013, 07:09 AM)CMOSprinkles Wrote: Evil, I would love to see a link to an 'awesome' 3 tick 2 wide instant carry adder. I don't think it has been done, especially since the instant carry system takes 2 ticks to reset on the falling edge, which makes them only able to be clocked at 2 ticks slower than the time to calculate the sum or carry. For example, if a regular piston based instant carry adder takes 4 ticks to calculate sum or carry (two 2 tick XOR's for sum and a 2 tick AND plus a 2 tick XOR for carry), it takes two more ticks to change states from carry to sum due to the piston taking two ticks to block the carry. So, it can only be clocked at 6 ticks.

tl;dr: Are you sure those '3 tick instant carry adders' aren't actually 5 ticks?
Sprinkles you derp.
A piston is 1.5 ticks to retract and extend,
Any who if you want a 3 tick adder Dcentricts has one that
Can be converted from 3.5 ticks to 3 ticks with a different XOR
Gate

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - CMOSprinkles - 07-24-2013

Yes, but is it instant carry? Also, 0.5 ticks does not make much of a difference, most instant carry adders still become 5+ ticks, with 4.5 being the worst case delay in a truly 3 tick instant carry adder. Which would, by the way, require a 1 tick XOR, so I'd still love to see it. I made one, but repeaters had to be used to extend the signal past 3 bits, so I'd like to see 8 bits calculated in 3 ticks since you say it can be done.

RE: Snuggle Adder V3 - Billman555555 - 07-24-2013

(07-24-2013, 07:37 AM)CMOSprinkles Wrote: Yes, but is it instant carry? Also, 0.5 ticks does not make much of a difference, most instant carry adders still become 5+ ticks, with 4.5 being the worst case delay in a truly 3 tick instant carry adder. Which would, by the way, require a 1 tick XOR, so I'd still love to see it. I made one, but repeaters had to be used to extend the signal past 3 bits, so I'd like to see 8 bits calculated in 3 ticks since you say it can be done.

Ask Dcentricts to look at his adder it can do 4 tick addition of 8 bits.