Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Andross 2 Computer - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: Andross 2 Computer (/thread-552.html)

Pages: 1 2

Andross 2 Computer - Edmur - 07-11-2013

[Image: image.png]

My new computer is InDev, the Andross 2
It will be a computer focused for power not for speed.
And now you say, power, not speed? Meh it will probably be not that powerfull and have a 200tick clock/cycle.
Guess what? You're Wrong. I'm planning on make it as powerfull as you would need it IN MINECRAFT. What does it mean? Means that you will have a computer that can run a program using less lines of code, because it does have well planned functions and hardware. So you gonna make an 32bit computer with 8lines of code with a CISC architecture, 32 Registers, an ALU with Multiplication, Division, Sqrt extractor and lots of shit that runs at a slow clock speed. AAAAnd you're wrong again. I'm planning on a RISC instruction set (i'll post it later), 7 General Purpose Registers, an ALU that does have Barrel Shifting, a GPU with basic functions (some of them still being planned, surprise :P), and a user friendly UI :D

Topic at mcforums http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1889753-andross-2-8bit-computer-indev/

Full specs:

Clock speed: under 30ticks I hope ;-;
Buss width: 8Bit
CPU: Bystro SX (Advanced version of the Bystro S)
GPU: JX4 (Advanced version of the J4)
RAM: 128bits (Expandable)
ROM: 63 Lines, RISC Instruction

Bystro S - is my latest CPU, its in my plot, it is very unstable because of the way i planned its structure and to stable it need a high clock cycle, 26ticks is recommended. Also does have a RISC-16 IS the (IMISC) that will not be in Bystro SX. 16Registers that will be reduced to 8. 16 Lines of code, that will be raised to 64. The Bystro SX will replace Bystro S Right shifter for a highly modded version of proper's Barrel Shifter, will also replace my ALU, for AlexAppleBaum's ALU, which is the same speed, but very smaller.

J4 GPU - Is the GPU I used in the Andross, my first computer, is very trusty, and reliable, but slow. JX4 Is much more faster, all its components have been remade from scratch, and will (maybe) include more functions, like deleting an individual pixel from the screen without reseting it entirely. An beta version of the JX4 is already on my plot.

Leave a comment please

RE: Andross 2 Computer - mad1231999 - 07-12-2013

128 bits? 16 bytes, or are the bits individually addressable?

RE: Andross 2 Computer - Edmur - 07-12-2013

(07-12-2013, 08:34 AM)mad1231999 Wrote: 128 bits? 16 bytes, or are the bits individually addressable?

16 Addresses that hold an 8bit word each. But the described quantity of memory is the same :p

RE: Andross 2 Computer - Edmur - 07-13-2013

The Functions are the following:

0-- ADD
1-- ADD IMMEDIATE
2-- SUBTRACT
3-- BARREL SHIFT RIGHT
4-- BRANCH IF A!=B is TRUE
5-- BRANCH IF A>=B is TRUE
6-- BRANCH IF A=B is TRUE
7-- BITWISE AND
8-- BITWISE OR
9-- BITWISE NOR
10- BITWISE XOR
11- STORE REG -> RAM
12- LOAD RAM -> REG
13- ACCESS MEMORY MAP
14- INTERRUPT REQUEST CHECK
15- END

And The Instruction set will have 4 sections of 3bits each and 1 section of 4bits.

The full instruction set is in my plot, you are all free to take a look and use them in your builds if you want.

RE: Andross 2 Computer - CMOSprinkles - 07-24-2013

Hey, out of curiosity, how do you accomplish functions like "NOT A"? Also, any updates for us on the computer?

RE: Andross 2 Computer - redstonewarrior - 07-24-2013

Quote:9-- BITWISE NOR
TURING COMPLETE
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
This does look neat though. Good luck with construction! Big Grin
On a side note, Prop's barrel shifter is based on Anom/My barrel shifter which was a conceptual clone of tomys' barrel shifter which ...
Get it straight! Tongue

RE: Andross 2 Computer - CMOSprinkles - 07-24-2013

(07-24-2013, 08:11 PM)redstonewarrior Wrote:
Quote:9-- BITWISE NOR
TURING COMPLETE
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
This does look neat though. Good luck with construction! Big Grin
On a side note, Prop's barrel shifter is based on Anom/My barrel shifter which was a conceptual clone of tomys' barrel shifter which ...
Get it straight! Tongue

Okay, I understand the concept of inverting the inputs and outputs of an OR gate to get every logical function. But with these 4 functions and no Flood Carry or Invert Input, then how can you accomplish "A (N)implies B", which as far as I know is necessary to accomplish "A"? I know that I'm missing something, I'm not trying to say that you can't do it, I would just like to know how...

RE: Andross 2 Computer - redstonewarrior - 07-24-2013

Think: You have multiple cycles. A -!> B == !A & B. Find !A, then AND it with B. Big Grin

RE: Andross 2 Computer - CMOSprinkles - 07-25-2013

Which brings us back to how do you find '!A', lol.

Or 'B', for that matter.

RE: Andross 2 Computer - Chibill - 07-25-2013

Invert A. (Smile