Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Arduino minecraft link? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Arduino minecraft link? (/thread-5513.html)

Arduino minecraft link? - happertje2 - 01-08-2015

Hey guys,

I know i am not that active anymore in redstone, since im very busy on school learning about real electronics. now i got some cool things, first of all, im in the 2nd year, and my redstone knowledge still helps me doing a load of tricks with real electronics. second, how would you guys think about a minecraft to realworld link? with that i mean, a way to interact with redstone into the real world. this would take redstone a step further, redstone would become your software to drive realworld stuff.
i have seen on youtube that this is possible, and i wonder how you guys think about it. i have no idea yet how we could make it, but if we could make it, that would be awesome!
day-night control via arduino
Instructable on how to set it up

(arduino, is a microcontroller wich is very easy in use, and you can make practical anything with it)
[Image: 11061-01b.jpg]

in minecraft your limited to using pistons, redstone, and other redstone controlled stuff. but if you use redstone to control real-world stuff, like a robot arm, 3d printer or other stuff like that, i bet that would a new challenge for people to make software for it in redstone.

my idea is to have a plugin wich makes it possible to send out commands to an arduino from the mineore server. in the arduino we write code, to let the i/o interact on the output, we could connect a lcd display to it, that would react on ascii, or a robot arm wich can be controlled, in minecraft the players can think of ways how to control these real world items. the arduino will have simply the code to transform the command into an i/o. so it would not do anything more, then writing a i/o high or low, or write analog voltage for analog i/o ports.
this way the minecraft redstone contains all the logic, and has i/o to the arduino.

i like to see reactions on this!
if people are willing to help on this idea, i wouldnt mind to use a arduino of mine for it, and have a ip camera aimed on it, so ppl can see how it reacts Big Grin

i am not someone who knows everything about programming in computer programs Sad

(this is just a wild idea, please do not try to kill me for this idea Tongue)

Greetings,
Happertje2

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Legofreak - 01-08-2015

I'm pretty sure I've seen something before that had LEDs on an arduino connected to redstone through some sort of plugin. I think it also had buttons or switches to control levers in game.

Sounds a little like using minecraft as a FPGA

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - happertje2 - 01-08-2015

it is rekcir, but the fact that you can use minecraft redstone, is where people can start on a bridge between minecraft redstone, and real life electronics.

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Magic :^) - 01-24-2015

The virtual world blending with reality...
When will this madness end?!
D:

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Chibill - 01-24-2015

When we build the matrix. Or xana.

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Geckoscraps - 07-03-2015

Hey! That second link is me!!!! I guess I haven't ever posted here, but I guess this is the best way to start.

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Magazorb - 07-04-2015

IIRC computer craft let's you pass things in and out of MC.

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Chibill - 07-04-2015

Sort of there is a way to write to the actual file system the server/client is running from..

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Geckoscraps - 07-05-2015

Since my instructable on how to do that. I have since updated the software a bit, and have changed the program to interpret bytes. So building something like a computer in minecraft you could theoretically take the information being output and send the information to the arduino and rather than building a BCD - 7-segment you would more easily be allowed to attach this to a basic PAL screen or LCD. With this you could output more complex images than on minecraft, with ease.

Alternatively you could take the original code, and hook up a daylight sensor in minecraft and have the daylight sensor trigger a command. Since a full cycle takes 20mins you could use the arduino to count the number of times this is received to build an alarm clock.

That or build a T flip-flop with a Rising edge detector you could hook the arduino up with your door to open/close, lock/unlock.
Maybe build a keypad similar to your microwave or coffee machine in minecraft, hook that up to do this stoof!

RE: Arduino minecraft link? - Chibill - 07-05-2015

You can even theoretically go from arduino to mc using alittle mods/plugins. (There is a plugin to add the raspberry pi python api to bukkit.)