Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! (/thread-5399.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - LordDecapo - 12-26-2014

As some of you may have noticed, Staff activity is slowing again. And we recently had a very positive response to the idea of a Moderator rank on the server, so we have decided to implement it.

Moderators will not have quite as much permissions as the staff. Mods will be able to moderate the forums and the soon-to-be wiki. They can also approve applications and hold trials, but with a twist, 2 moderators must both approve the trial build for the trialee to pass. The high trust things only staff are allowed to use are remote console to our servers and social spy.

So I am happy to Officially announce that we are holding nominations for the following open positions:
1 Staff
2 Mods
The voting will be held similarly to how it was done the last election (when Aft, Nuup and I became staff).

This thread isn't ment for voting, instead we would like you to nominate a single person that you believe could make a good Staff/Mod. You Can Not nominate yourself, or someone that is banned on site and/or EITHER school or Build.

You can post nominations until 7 am EST (12 am GMT) on January 5th. After nominations we will post a separate post for voting, in which you will rank all those who were nominated 1-x where 1 is your most favorite and x being your least.
The positions will then be picked based on the top 3 people with the Lowest overall total.
1st place gets Staff
2nd and 3rd will get the Mod positions.

HAPPY NOMINATING! AND WE HOPE YOU ALL HAD A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND/OR HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

E: Added mods' perms. -Nuup

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - LordDecapo - 12-26-2014

Also;
inb5 nuup, I nominate DylanRusell

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - tyler569 - 12-26-2014

LordDecapo Wrote:we will post a separate post for voting, in which you will rank all those who were nominated
(emphasis mine)

*ahem* private message

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - Nuuppanaani - 12-26-2014

I shalt nominate Nickster258.

He has a ton of experience in the art of redstone and our community. He is also very mature when he wants to be and tech savvy. I'm sure he'd make a great staff member! Smile

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - PabloDons - 12-26-2014

quick question, what is going to be the difference between staff and mod?

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - Nickster258 - 12-26-2014

(12-26-2014, 05:01 PM)Nuuppanaani Wrote: I shalt nominate Nickster258.

He has a ton of experience in the art of redstone and our community. He is also very mature when he wants to be *cough* yesterday *cough* and tech savvy. I'm sure he'd make a great staff member! Smile

Aww shucks. I can get quite... crazy(?) at some times.

(12-26-2014, 05:31 PM)PabloDons Wrote: quick question, what is going to be the difference between staff and mod?

From RDF/ORE mod/foreman, the mods will be able to kick and basically censor what is going on. No SSH for them.

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - Charles - 12-26-2014

I will nominate Scrounch.

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - scrounchtike - 12-26-2014

I will nominate CDPIV

He would do a great staff Tongue

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - VoltzLive - 12-26-2014

I nominate Dylan Russell for staff.

RE: Staff & Mod Elections New Years 2015!! - Xray_Doc - 12-26-2014

Hmmm, a forum moderator? Has my calling finally come?