Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Overhauling my GUI - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: Overhauling my GUI (/thread-5132.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Apocryphan - 12-07-2014

Decided to waste a few hours trying for a 2 tall stackable design, and i found, first few tries worked but i had to make the 3 bit stackable version before i figured out the best way for a 4 bit stackable. now i have to totally rethink the wire setups but for now this will remove the need for AND gates and dropper hopper memory cells and decoders. a 2 tall comparator loop that resets with the trigger is easy to add. i think 16 wires, 1 on each row, each row will use an octal on the end for a trigger signal, using the 8 bit as a constant so i only lose 1 bit for the trigger, but I may switch it up if i think of something better while working on it.

Octal to Binary Decoder
[Image: 9xQIZ7H.png]

Hex to Binary Decoder
[Image: hGlyeTY.png]

Just need to make my serial busser 2 tall stackable or pull every other serial busser back a few blocks.
[Image: 4hYENf2.png]

Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/PeZSD

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Legofreak - 12-07-2014

Nice! My first ripple decoder was also 2 tall but it was kinda circular and rather large. I love how its stackable. I havent made a decoder that can stack like that.

Did you use my tutorial or did you figure this out on your own?

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Apocryphan - 12-07-2014

(12-07-2014, 03:03 AM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: Nice! My first ripple decoder was also 2 tall but it was kinda circular and rather large. I love how its stackable. I havent made a decoder that can stack like that.

Did you use my tutorial or did you figure this out on your own?

i saw yours, understood the schematics but couldn't duplicate yours, I was actually going to try a Bi-octal alternating current, and after i made the 3 bit i knew i could make a 4 bit one.

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Apocryphan - 02-09-2015

so after making the 2 tick selector, I'm reverting back to the 1st setup where it uses 4 larger decoders and a line # to write to the right line, I altered the new 2 tick router making it more vertical, compact and solid state. I still want to incorporate my hard drive to save and load pics but that's a project for later.

4 output router and an 8 output one for item frame selectors

[Image: UgI422c.png]
[Image: ZKfK3nC.png]

here is the solid state inverted selector

[Image: Oqu1S5N.png]

[Image: r0hwG5q.png]

[Image: FJ6iXMH.png]

stacks seamless without any crossed signals and can load a segment in 8 ticks now.

RE: Overhauling my GUI - LordDecapo - 02-09-2015

as always ur analog work is epic Big Grin and i love how you keep us updated, thanks!

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Legofreak - 02-09-2015

the "solid state inverted selector" is very similar in function to the torchless selector I created for my oscilloscope. I like how you made the outputs vertical though.

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Apocryphan - 02-10-2015

thanks, i like how it turned out with the vertical outputs, I reaaallly wanna see your plot just to see how many similair but different ways we do things. what all do i need craftbukkit and something? Defoscubate something maybe?

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Legofreak - 02-10-2015

our server is totally vanilla. any mods are server side.

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Apocryphan - 02-10-2015

says i need craft bukkit, currently downloading it at an incredibly kinda slow pace. It's miraculously more mundane than my perception could have ever concieved. This... is why I can't play on a server anymore... and they always wanted my damn tree farm, god I hated making that thing after a while. but it only used 8-11 repeaters and had my own cheap leaf crusher design that works with acacia, birch, jungle and pine. You should see the 4 stage sand pusher I made for 2x2 dark oak tree farm, pushes 3 pillars of sand up and out and then drops them all to reset, every pulse is exact with no wasted signals, same thing with my portcullis gate clock, specific amount of pulses at specific times for top and bottom, but they act in sync, MMMmmmm synchronicity...

edit: Oh and my ice block funneler, the tilable bud will trigger a line and it will pulse the exact amount needed to push it to the center, all based on where on the wire is triggered and the different signal strength values, I love the endless wire trick too, if you haven't already noticed it all over my hard drive, it's on my ice farm too. Analog tiles so nicely for me with it.

sorry to get off topic but here are some analog clocks that are more computer than most survival clocks, but they were very handy for automating these.

Ice farm that funnels ice with no extra pulses

[Image: mGbKodM.png]

2x2 dark oak farm, one of a kind sand pusher with a 4 stage clock to run it with no extra pulses.

[Image: H0eJQtU.png]

[Image: gG1lDaZ.png]

There are actually 2 sand pushers but they take the same amount of time so by the time the right pusher has moved the wood out and dropped, the main pusher will push out and cycle again until the 4th cycle when the 3 main sand columns will drop to reset and the right will finish unloading wood.

[Image: 7QlgQCF.png]

Portcullis gate
2 cycle late start and 1 cycle late finish between the top and bottom sand pushers, using a pulsed in value to loop and subtract 1, giving us the specific amount of pulses.

[Image: Ia4UoGT.png]

[Image: NZBisE1.png]

edit 2: oh yea and my printer uses that same SS detection to get the proper amount of pulses need to bring it to the block output.

RE: Overhauling my GUI - Chibill - 02-10-2015

You need to log in on 1.7 craftbukkit is just the server side.