Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
What language(s) to learn next? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: What language(s) to learn next? (/thread-5007.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What language(s) to learn next? - MelvinS4_ - 11-02-2014

I don't know if anyone else on these forums are, but I am a big nerd when it comes to languages. I really like linguistics and language theory. Currently I'm studying Japanese and Esperanto and am progressing well. I feel it is time to pick up another language, but I'm having kind of a hard time doing so. Here's a list of some languages I want to learn eventually (in no specific order):

German
Spanish
Chinese
Persian
Arabic
Finnish

I'll probably go with Chinese, since it's relatively easy to begin speaking early and it has a nice connection to Japanese. Is anyone else interested in lingustics/language learning? Would be nice to have someone to study with Tongue

RE: What language(s) to learn next? - AFtExploision - 11-03-2014

That reminds me I was learning japaneese and I still have anthy bugs to prove it (STOP UNDERLINING EVERYTHING IBUS ISNT EVEN RUNNING)

RE: What language(s) to learn next? - Xray_Doc - 11-03-2014

Hebrew

RE: What language(s) to learn next? - AFtExploision - 11-03-2014

^gottta read dat old testement

RE: What language(s) to learn next? - jxu - 11-03-2014

I hope you realize, unless you are an exceptional polyglot, you have probably only learned those languages superficially. It takes years to learn one language (indo-european grammar and such), even English; what makes you think you can learn 6 widely varying languages?

RE: What language(s) to learn next? - MelvinS4_ - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 02:43 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: I hope you realize, unless you are an exceptional polyglot, you have probably only learned those languages superficially. It takes years to learn one language (indo-european grammar and such), even English; what makes you think you can learn 6 widely varying languages?

I never said I spoke any of them did I? I've only said I wanted to learn those languages eventually. The only languages I can say I know as of yet is English and Swedish (my first language).

RE: What language(s) to learn next? - PabloDons - 11-03-2014

arabic is freaking difficult. Trust me, it's my mothers tongue and I can barely speak it myself.

(11-03-2014, 08:12 AM)PabloDons Wrote: arabic is freaking difficult. Trust me, it's my mothers tongue and I can barely speak it myself.

I know it's difficult, but that's no reason not to learn it. Knowing it can't be anything else but beneficial since it's such a major business language.

RE: What language(s) to learn next? - greatgamer34 - 11-03-2014

Learn c++

(11-03-2014, 04:47 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: Learn c++

Done :p