Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Is communism good or evil? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Shenanigans (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-31.html)
+---- Thread: Is communism good or evil? (/thread-4986.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Is communism good or evil? - AltruismAndCake - 10-31-2014

I'm going to be honest. Please don't take this as me being angry or inflamed about the subject.

Is capitalism really the reason for the greatest rise of the standard of living? People can afford to buy a plasma screen TV. Congrats. Does it make them happy?

WARNING SOB STORY AHEAD
In my dad's days he lived in a poor family that couldn't buy him new clothes, so he had hand-me-down bell bottom pants. They constantly complained about not having enough money. And when he grew up? He still gets paid only a little bit more than his parents 30 years ago and prices have quadrupled since then. If, in the 70s, they believe they were in a depression, what are we in now?

I suppose the main complaint I have against capitalism is it's heartless, soulless, usual comes with consumerism, and contains two tiers of people: the workers and those that produce the work for greater profit

BTW I don't agree with communism being forced on people, I believe it should be a voluntary process, where those who want to share, share.

Take from it what you will.

RE: Is communism good or evil? - TSO - 10-31-2014

Sorry I didn't get a chance to pm you, but this was absolutely hilarious.

Np TSO, glad you like it Big Grin

I'll try to be a little less serious about this discussion. After all it's obvious that a theocracy is the best way to go. What could possibly go wrong with an all powerful, all knowing entity entity ruling over us for our own good?

RE: Is communism good or evil? - TSO - 10-31-2014

How that is any different from a dictatorship is beyond my comprehension, but sure, we'll go with that.

RE: Is communism good or evil? - Guy1234567890 - 10-31-2014

(10-30-2014, 09:18 PM)Chibill Wrote: It's good on paper nor so much when actually used.

Yep

RE: Is communism good or evil? - greatgamer34 - 10-31-2014

i believe in a republic over a democracy. Fuck communism. I want to have a say in things..

BTW has anyone ever read Karl Marx's paper? I can't find a copy of it. If we are attacking him, we should at the very least see what he said, instead of basing attacks on stuff passed through somebody who knows somebody that reads Wikipedia, which gets their sources from who knows where xD

GG - I agree Republic>Democracy. Did you know some communist countries call themselves a Democratic Republic? It's bologna to me because none of the communist countries are Democratic or Republic.

If I understand correctly, Marx says that capitalisms are all headed to communism and that communism can only be obtained via a capitalism that has freedoms in politics and religion, he's not saying you should revolt to speed up the proccess. What he is saying, is that the working class will get fed up, choose someone (peacefully) that WILL work in their interests (liberals <- lol we hate their politics, including me). After the working class is equal with the class providing the work and all resistance is given up, the government will fade into insignificance. Once the government is insignificant THEN and ONLY THEN will communism be achieved. He's saying it's a proccess that happens, not something that is create through war.

Of course this is all idealism to me and I don't agree with all of it, but since when was it decided that capitalism is the best thing ever? People say there are no alternatives, the rest is worse, but capitalism IS a broken system, so why can't something better be made? Republic capitalism provides freedom, is that because of or in spite of capitalism?

TSO - no NSA reference? I set it up for you and you failed to make a joke xD

RE: Is communism good or evil? - Xray_Doc - 10-31-2014

This guy is definitely a communist who is trying to force his ideals onto us

(10-31-2014, 05:36 PM)Xray_Doc Wrote: This guy is definitely a communist who is trying to force his ideals onto us

Yeah he even said so himself, we should definitely ban him!

RE: Is communism good or evil? - greatgamer34 - 10-31-2014

i have no sheep, you have 7, i want 3 and 1/2 sheep from you...