Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Ideas for server rules - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Ideas for server rules (/thread-4975.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - Nickster258 - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 05:44 PM)Xeomorpher Wrote: Can we get some actual discussion in here too, because we've long been centred around the principles of openness, and simply banning ANY discussion involving religion goes violently against that.

If this and all else said by the original staff members are correct, then great is overstepping his bounds as staff and forgetting that being staff means you communicate with other staff members. This can be seen in the reference that Tyler posted.

(10-28-2014, 05:09 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: This is their warning guidlines and is similar to visitors.

a)Warning 1, is verbal(please stop doing that)
b)Warning 2, is a kick
c)warning 3, is a tempban
d)warning 4, is a permban

Also, members should be held to much higher standard than visitors. I have been a member for nearly 2.5 years yet a guy who hopped on the server the other day deserves the same ban guidelines? Sorry, no.

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - Xray_Doc - 10-28-2014

I think you guys should just go discuss WHAT IS BEING DONE In your private forums. Conversation about the situation I believe should still be allowed here.

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - Xeomorpher - 10-28-2014

We agree entirely, and that is what should have been done. A post like this however, warrants a response.

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - greatgamer34 - 10-28-2014

this is in announcement's i guess for anyone who thought edits were needed. I should have made that more clear. I will update this with everyones opinions as it gets talked about and debated. I took quite a bit of time to type this up, but it was still only a rough draft.

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - TSO - 10-28-2014

I would highly advise you read my post, then.

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - greatgamer34 - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 05:44 PM)Xeomorpher Wrote: I've only ever been anywhere close to that hash with visitors alone. And that's only if they join and instantly make it known they're going to be arseholes.

Can we get some actual discussion in here too, because we've long been centred around the principles of openness, and simply banning ANY discussion involving religion goes violently against that.

Apart from that, I somewhat disagree with banning the use of any terms relating to homosexuality in a demeaning or insulting manner. Most of these are now quite literally plain insults, like most of our swear words, (motherfucker, cunt, bastard, bitch ...) and when used have no meaning beyond this.

We need a lot of serious discussion before we attempt an overhaul of this scale.

Nuupanani reprimanded me about saying terms like gay, faggot, homo. That is where this comes from..

So what needs to be changed. I wanted the communities involvment in this topic. Please continue adding to what is being said, and can someone(perferably not me cuz i might mess it up and word it wrong) draft up another 'constitution' type of thing with ideas taken from this thread?

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - Chibill - 10-28-2014

I say delete this thread and leave it along Admins just need to start following the rules in place and enforcing them.

is that the general consensus, if so, then it will be done..

RE: New Rules I am going to follow and expect others to aswell - TSO - 10-28-2014

I don't know; the problem is that there are some things that need to addressed.

I'll rewright the proposition for you if you need it to be done, but there isn't much that can be changed in it without altering the current intent.

My question for the staff would be the following: is it better to ban everybody for even the slightest infraction, or ban nobody for even the largest infraction?

@Everyone: I advise we don't just leave this to the staff. They are deciding their policy for banning us, and at least one of them has given us the opportunity to say how we think it should be done.