Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
I am TSO - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I am TSO (/thread-4807.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: I am TSO - greatgamer34 - 10-06-2014

An alu will suffice, but not some RCA alu. Put some thought into it, and plan ahead.

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-06-2014

Hmm. Sounds easy enough. Don't know if I can do it in an hour.

Also, I have tried everything, but I can't connect to the server (I think it's my own fault though.)

(10-06-2014, 04:52 AM)TSO Wrote: Hmm. Sounds easy enough. Don't know if I can do it in an hour.

Also, I have tried everything, but I can't connect to the server (I think it's my own fault though.)

1.7.10, also, yes an ALU is easy to do in an hour, bit count doesnt really matter(although i prefer to see at least 4 bits).
Also, admins(and trusted members i believe) are allowed to W/E for you. Just tell them the points and how many to stack.

if it is of any significance on another redstone server i was allotted an hour to build something. I made an entire 4 bit CPU....

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-06-2014

(10-05-2014, 09:24 PM)TSO Wrote: To answer the thing about my reasoning for the CPU working and saying lack of disproof is a sign of proof. You see this type of proof happen all the time in mathematics, but what I was saying was that in my hypothetical, I have this CPU that does CPU stuff, and detail is mostly ignored. Now, we can safely say the CPU will work because either a.) my design works, or b.) I shamelessly throw someone else's in there. Thus we know for certain that a working CPU stage is possible in that portion of the discussion. Do note that we can't say that my CPU design will work by that principle, but we can say the computer will work.

Now you're pretending to say what i said... read what i said once more... you will then realise what i say about lack of evidence isn't evidence, i mean you can be ignorant about that if you want, but then i could say that pigs have wings and that just because we haven't seen a pig with wings doesn't mean it's not the truth.

(10-05-2014, 09:42 PM)TSO Wrote: Yes, I just have been too busy as of late to fully respond to all that.

The only reason I'm hiding any of this is because there isn't a minecraft "patent" that prevents other people that see this from building it first and claiming it was their idea. There isn't a way to force people to say where they got the idea from. I can tell you right now I got it from when my father was explaining computer programming (i can't program at all) and said that the operating system was involved in a process. I have a personal bias against operating systems (lol), so I tried to think of a workaround for that particular function.

we are luck we don't have to worry about patents being so bad, because if we did intel and AMD would be suing us big time for being based on them

(10-06-2014, 03:05 AM)LordDecapo Wrote: with the variable completion time u will have between ur mult/root/divide/square/add/sub.. you will have to have a system to track that, or have to precompile with those time frames in mind, cause all ops have to save and u cant save 2 at the same time unless u make one of the first dual write Reg.

he would be 2nd, i have all ready made this a year or so ago.

Also TSO please note my name isn't megazorb... i'm not a power ranger XD

if you're so concerned with patents then why don't you pay the 100's of 1000's it cost to get some? besides they don't stop anyone from building anything patented (except USA for some bizarre reason they aren't aloud to)

You have some interesting ideas and the way you describe implementation is vastly different to what I've heard before, but please also make solid plans, because by how it's sounding is you're just making to much for your self to actually make, you say you're familiure with EE and CS, but i doubt you've even as much knowledge as a first year student (not to be offensive, but the knowledge they have is eminence, few of us on the server can compare, most that can are EE or CS students them selfs)

So yer... try to get some more solid plans and designs that can give you a strong idea as to how everything may work together, you will find a few gaps where you hadn't though to much into and you can then reflect on that, we have plenty of people here you can learn from if you need additional info.

Sorry if this seemed a little rantish, tired at this point :/ Have a nice time Tongue

We aren't in the same page as far as the proof thing, but I think I'm just going to give up on that.

I'm very good with electrical engineering, but that is completely useless in minecraft. (Not really a way to prove it since anything you ask me could just as easily be googled, so if you believe me or not is up to you)

CS I just kinda wing it. I know what it needs to do, trial and error suffice to get me the rest of the way pretty quickly.

My ideas are so vastly different because I often model compuers in thought expiriments. Though, this has led to some odd results. (For example, it is theoretically possible for a computer to run without a clock, which is actually the basis for some of my ocilloscope.)

RE: I am TSO - LordDecapo - 10-06-2014

An Async clock less CPU is deffinitly possible, I have seen quite a few I the server already, I got ur PM and will reply more in depth later this afternoon as I am at work for another 5 hours today.
I can do a trial with u tonight if you feel you can make something, I'd suggest a simple multiplier, as they get u in usually if u can explain how they work well enough.

Maga, I have read his PM and he does have some solid ideas, but what u said is true he will run into some gaps in his design that he will have to address, which isn't bad, everyone does up until they are finished with the project. xD

And before you ask, I am not an EE major or CS major, I haven't even gone to school for anything electrical or computer xD I'm self taught. Tho I have looked at and gone through the resources for about half of a lot of different courses online.

My warp for my CPU is
/warp IizRCPUx8
Or do /pwarp LordDecapo (May have to /pwarp LordDecapo 2 As I have 2 plots)
And just spin I a circle till u see the 2 black wools that say something like "CPU this way" and fly that direction, it's like 80blocks away and floating like 30blocks in the air.
Let me know what u think Big Grin

pS. Super scalar is harder with multi length inst. you have to compile VERY VERY well (and program will only work on THAT CPU, or u have to set up a more basic OOOexe to keep it all timed right

The program can work on other CPU's, it's just that the compiled program is unique to the CPU. This is always going to be true no matter what CPU you encounter, real life or minecraft. The workaround is to compile twice, once to a language all computers understand (.exe) in compile time, then the receiving platform compiles to its unique machine code in run time. This is actually how java works, but the technique makes these programs rather slow to run. You could also precompile the incoming file and just have two compile times, once for all platforms, then once for each platform, then they run the program after it has been compiled.

Can someone just tell me what oooexe stands for? Google gives me nothing of use.

OK, I'm 99 percent certain I can't get onto the server because I'm one of those cheap bastards that uses the team extreme cracked minecraft.

Quote:OK, I'm 99 percent certain I can't get onto the server because I'm one of those cheap bastards that uses the team extreme cracked minecraft.

just buy the game, it costs less than $30. It wont break the bank...

RE: I am TSO - LordDecapo - 10-06-2014

You have to have a legal version of MC to play on Ore, as loging on checks the validation server.

OOOexe stands for
Out of Order Execution... Taking a compiled programs with inst A B C D E
An if it finds any hazards it can rearrange them like B C A E D. So you don't lose any clock cycles to stalls.
OOOexe brings in A LOT of issues when u start using it. If u want to learn more, a good portion of the PDFs and PPTs in my long reply that are in the 2nd link, are about OOOExe and related issues. Or u can ask me and I can helps. I have done way to much research into trying to elominate all stalls in pipelines

Again, I know what out of order execution is. Instructions are performed in an arbitrary order, generally one that avoids conflicts. Problems arise from the same data conflicts as pipelining, but now the computer also needs to know which program line has priority on the conflict. So even though the previous arrangement might have had conflicts, the new one has different conflicts in different places, and some conflicts can not be avoided. Theoretically, this should have fewer holes in the execution due to cases being avoidable, but occasionally, this technique will actually be worse due to excessive overhead time spent finding the new order or the current arrangement already being the least conflicting in the pipeline to begin with.