Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
I am TSO - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I am TSO (/thread-4807.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: I am TSO - LordDecapo - 10-15-2014

Lol TSO,u know more then enough it seems to just apply to build, you don't have to be on school first, just till u know how to make basic ALU and data loop stuff.
You seem past that xD

Could ur parents buy it? Lol

Also I did have a good understanding of what u wanted to do, just wasn't sure how u wanted to arrange ur Superscalar setup (Superscalar meaning, multiple FU (Functional Units, ALU, Multipliers, devidera. Etc) being controlled by a single CU)
Also u won't need a seperate Boolean unit, as u only really need like 4-5 Boolean functions. The rest aren't used often at all. Those 4-5 key ones u can get from a modified adder ALU, the rest u can simulate with a couple inst if you actually need them in a program

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-15-2014

Maga, I won't be building in eight bit, I'm just going to jump straight from four to sixteen bit. Prototyping in eight bit takes much longer than in four bit so I might as well just use four. I chose four because it's functional enough to allow for all the quirks in the large operations to present themselves, but quick enough that I can just blaze through it.

Another thing I just realized is that my computer can also run on much larger word sizes than sixteen bit without any issues in the instruction set (except one very tiny one which makes it so that writing a nonzero constant to registers must be done in more than one clock.) So it's instruction efficiency will get better as it becomes larger. This computer is really a number cruncher or digital signal processor of some kind. I do have one open space in my instruction set... a fused multiply-add could fit in there quite nicely, and will easily combine with the existing multiplier... I personally will not build this any larger than 16 bit, but it can easily be done. I also forgot to mention that it no longer naturally analyses in two's compliment or floating point. That must be done by the programmer.

I don't think I could ever pass the actual trial, I'm just so slow at building things...

LD, if you notice, my school application was for piston extensions greater than two and tree farming. These were actually what made me build the oscilloscope, which led to the idea for this computer. Neither the tree farm, nor the piston extension was ever figured out.

The Boolean unit is separate from the adder because of how the opcodes are shared. There are only like four booleans it does, and the adder does three types of add and the xor, so separation of units allows for me to use parallel decoding in the adder for it's four and parallel decoding in the Boolean unit for it's whole system. This takes a single tick of delay out of the adder, two ticks out of the Boolean unit, and makes both units extremely simplified in comparison.

Bit too old for my parents to buy it, bit too young to work as an intern, and I really don't want to get an associate's degree in hamburger flipping at McDonald's while I wait interim.

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-15-2014

Ahh ok TSO, wasn't aware of you wanting to up it to 16 bit, and multiple inst. are normal for inputting a IMM, so don't stress about it Smile

RE: I am TSO - jxu - 10-16-2014

(10-14-2014, 03:03 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: stop talking and start building
tl;dr

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 01:15 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 03:03 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: stop talking and start building
tl;dr

Just be civilized , stop being rude and shut up.
If you don't like reading this thread you know where to go.
Or if you can't figure that out, you know what thread to not read... not that you've been reading it anyhow, all you been doing is spamming tl;dr, like that's really usefull!
if nothing to contribute but show your lack of mental capacity then just go else where and stop saying "rl;dr, stop talking and start building", not sure you noticed but all the better systems on the server are by those that talk it over a fair bit before building.

But oh well... some people are just a few less then others, know what i mean? XD

RE: I am TSO - jxu - 10-17-2014

You missed the point
TSO is in a situation where he has (afaik) not built at all
You could sit around all day talking it over but you only end up with theoretical results: the true test of usability is actual building
You have to build to get better, and don't forget: premature optimization is the root of all evil

As for your last sentence: of course, there are billions of people above and below average. As for you magazorb, I've barely seen any building from you Wink

RE: I am TSO - greatgamer34 - 10-17-2014

shots fired.... ;-;

should staff reveal the identity of ͝ ͟ ͜ ?

jk

i wouldnt do that <3...... or would i?

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-17-2014

-_- guess you win this round, apologies.

RE: I am TSO - LordDecapo - 10-17-2014

lol i dont see any building of CPU stuffs much at all from you either ͝ ͟ ͜ ,,, and u know i know who u are

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-17-2014

I have never seen building from any of you guys... (It's true)