Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
I am TSO - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I am TSO (/thread-4807.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-14-2014

I think I might make this in 4 bit first... just judging by the size of the multiplier grid. I'll show you what I'm thinking of using that because all of you are clearly of different opinions about varying aspects. (The depressing part: the IS is still 48 bit)

RE: I am TSO - LordDecapo - 10-15-2014

u do not need 48 bits for an IS, condense it...
condense it
condense it,..
oh ya then
condense it again xD lolol
lolol
i have gone through sooo many sequences of "OHHH I WANNA BE ABLE TO DO THIS!" and i add 2-4 ops to do the idea fully,
then i end up condensing it to a single Op with arguements and usually have more functionality in that One Op as i did in 4 i started with.. its all done with abstraction

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-15-2014

... Building this shit is really boring.

On the other hand, if anyone can start developing systems that use a diagonally staggered 1 wide tile able imput and output, let me know, I might use this if you do.

Building it is arguably the hardest part. No one can build your architecture for u, it wouldnt be the same.
Get WE or SPC, get good with them and use then, speeds builds up like Ten Fold

Oh and if u don't want to be bored...
Why not just throw together some money.. And buy the full MC, then u can trial, and build on ORE, building with a community of equally interested ppl makes things a lot more enjoyable and less boring.

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-15-2014

That's a understatement, more like 100fold once your good Smile

Anyhows STO the difference between 4bit and 8bit won't be much, as everything that's not part of the PU will remain the same size.

Also the fact people look at different things with different options is part of the beauty of community projects, it helps develop under made sections of projects, for example i've dag a lot into the Serial Computations of your device a fair bit, Decapo has gone into a few other things, it's not like we're ignorant of where your designs are good at, we just like to improve things XD

Like your system should branch and execute many stands of data well, fully aware of it Smile
i said before that i like to know how people overcome the issues, it's boring just letting things sit as they are with issues XD

Decapo is probly best to consult with inst. related things as of this moment, but a few other people would know other stuff about different things.
You've engaged with most Decapo and I because both of us put a lot of focus on the CU rather then PU, and most of what you have is pretty CU and non PU side stuff Smile

Meanwhile if you was to focus your design points on stuff like the PU or other logical devices you would probably have newo or GG engaging.

Well said maga.
Newo and GG are GREAT (pun intended) for PU stuff no doubt,
Me and Maga are the mains ones (if anyone else does PLEASE tell me, I love talking about this stuff and getting new/sharing ideas) for CU stuff.

I do really wanna see TSO on the server tho. His thinking would help solve some reoccurring issues ppl have with there builds

What do you people expect me to do? Dig the money out of the booths at McDonald's? I don't have a job.

I already have world edit, but this is still just as boring. How do you do it?

How about you two have GG and Newo build you the greatest ALU ever, and then you two design the greatest CPU of all time around it? Turn it on and bam!, you have the best computer ever... unless you guys all hate each other.

Maga, it's the difference between 4 and 16, which is a massive reduction in size for all registers and ALU components. As I said, and then LG said, and then you said, though, the instruction set is still the same size.

Also, I don't know quite how to condense that instruction set, but there was a reason why commenting was enabled in that google doc.

It occurred to me that I'm going to have the most bizarre school server application... especially if this damn thing works.

Minecraft Name: TSO

What do you hope to learn: multiple pistion extension and automated tree farming

What past experience (if any) do you have in redstone: A 16 bit fully pipelined out of order execution multicore computer with a three (maybe four) tick clock made in collaboration with GreatGamer34, LordDecapo, and Magazorb.

Do you agree with the rules? Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays... other than that it's fair game. Tongue

I also get the feeling if this thing works, and maybe even if it doesn't, that I have been fully approved for trial on the build server without ever applying in the first place...

I think I've finally got it! The full analogy you can all understand as to how it works. Okay, It is a single CPU that only takes two bit opcodes. This then gets sent out to multiple ALU type components that are individually pipelined, but are independent of each other. One is a shift processor, one is a Boolean processor, one is an add/subtract/xor processor, one is a multiplication/square processor, one whole division/remainder processor, and one is a square root processor. (I think division approximation is going to have to go.), but there is one other ALU processor, a conditional statement prediction processor. It determines, using inequalities, the conditional results for the multiplication, division, and remainders before they are actually calculated so that the system doesn't have to wait on their longer process times.

These processors all share register memory, but that is all they have in common, their opcodes and syntax are different in each unit, and the time they take to complete is different, with the shift being the fastest (1 tick), but their mutual independence is critical to the understanding that this system may have a three tick throughput without issue because they also have priorities for register memory based upon when the operations were ordered. This prevents any writing conflict in the registers, but their actual priority and delay was predetermined in compile time so that the registers in use when a unit wrights are not conflicting with the registers being read or set aside by other units. These units therefore do not need their actual priority coded with them, they just need to have it already accounted for. The conditional predictor is the only one that is actually integrated into the CPU, and it controls the instruction pointer for the next line of code. Together, these two can predict a branch in two cycles. The other external device is a virtual memory unit that is only addressable by the CPU, and any external device you want can be added on the serial out if the proper driver is installed in main memory and linked in the program being run so that the compiler can integrate the driver into the program (yeah, I just went there). This does limit the number of devices you can connect considerably.

The main memory can also control itself, being more accurately described as a mainframe server, and is able to send and receive instructions from other computers attached to it's various output ports.

RE: I am TSO - Magazorb - 10-15-2014

Yes, so it's a multi-element processor with out of order execution and few extra fancy stuff, i already noted that from when you said it before XD

but go back to what i said about 4bit and 8bit, the difference isn't much... if you do something you may as well go for 8bits otherwise you'll end up wasting time making a 8bit version of what you've allready made on a size just to small to work correctly.

PE = Processing Element = a device that is at least partly controlled that commits work on a data stream handed to them, it's just it's a more older style of dedicated logic back when the clock speed was low and it made sense to use this kind of stuff XD, i did say we got it Smile

we understood the instruction stuff as well, (i'd admit first explanation of it i didn't get but i have understood it for a while)

Anyhow, the trials are only a means of testing if someone is up to scratch.

Also as for the job thing if you're old enough to get a job you can just offer to work for cheap, won't get you much initially, but experience is the key factor, that gets you more jobs, hence why internships wear such a popular thing.