Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
I am TSO - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I am TSO (/thread-4807.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

I am TSO - TSO - 10-03-2014

The name stands for The Supreme One, it comes from a different site.

I'm a bit new to redstone, but am by no means new to electrical engineering or computer science. My last build project was a true oscilloscope the (it would display the signal without it progressing across the screen), it didn't do everything I wanted, but it was good.

My current project is a 16 bit computer. It will have features that I can pretty much guarantee have never been implemented in minecraft before, and (if everything goes as planned) will be the most powerful computer in minecraft, if you consider power to be the time derivative of work (which it is).

I have only discussed the actual features two people, the computer will implement some secret processes to use a unique device to do secret stuff that will make it run faster.

If this computer actually works as expected, than (using more secret sauce) it could easily be doubled and coded so that it would be the first true dual-core processor in minecraft (I've seen people claim to have made one, but I have never actually seen it done)

Features: easy to program, fast, serial output capabilities, secret sauce, SECRET top secret stuff, intuitive user interface.

RE: I am TSO - dylanrusell - 10-03-2014

Would you be kind enough to share your IS for your computer design or is that "secret sauce"?

RE: I am TSO - Nuuppanaani - 10-03-2014

Welcome to ORE!

Always great to see more diehards join the server Smile

Also really darn interestend on the specs and IS of that computer of yours, it sounds so coolio :p

RE: I am TSO - greatgamer34 - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 10:39 AM)dylanrusell Wrote: Would you be kind enough to share your IS for your computer design or is that "secret sauce"?

im sure this is one of those guys who just builds a screen and says its a CPU.

ps. We have all been there!

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-04-2014

I don't even know what an IS is, but I will tell you my primary goal involves the memory. I don't have any schematics to prove my claims because I started only two days ago, and I'm still designing every element.

I guess I could tell you that half of the secret involves managing the space the computer takes up. You see, every computer in minecraft is limited to the chunks that load around the player, and if any part of the computer sits outside this area, it won't function. Or, at least, that's what everyone thinks. There also happens to be a way of using more than just the chunks in the player loading range. I'll let you guys guess how I plan on doing that.

RE: I am TSO - greatgamer34 - 10-04-2014

Most computers (unless they are unnecessarily large) do not take up more chunks then what are loaded at a time. Also, with you claiming to not know what an IS is, than you probably arent going to be 'managing your memory' properly.

I have a feeling your going to try to keep chunks loaded using some command block bull-shit. But in this post, it sounds like you have no idea what youre talking about.

Have you ever heard of the scientific method, where you share your data with others so they can reproduce it and get similar results to prove what you have works? It feels like youre trying to avoid that because you are going to exploit some bull shit system.

Other than that, good luck. But if its with command blocks, youre on the wrong server.

RE: I am TSO - TSO - 10-04-2014

I'm not using "command block bull shit". there are 256 chunks that never unload, I'm filling every single one of those, bedrock to sky, with memory, and then I'm filling half the load space with memory, bedrock to sky, than I'm putting the computer in the sky and placing more memory under it.

I probably know what the concept of IS is, I just don't know what the acronym stands for.

EDIT, it just occured to me you meant instruction set. CISC

RE: I am TSO - greatgamer34 - 10-04-2014

you realize, the amount of lag that is going to produce will be massive. Along with the fact that addressing that much memory is nearly impossible with 16 bits. Scratch that, it is IMPOSSIBLE. unless you use pointers...

RE: I am TSO - VoltzLive - 10-04-2014

(10-04-2014, 12:23 AM)TSO Wrote: I'm not using "command block bull shit". there are 256 chunks that never unload, I'm filling every single one of those, bedrock to sky, with memory, and then I'm filling half the load space with memory, bedrock to sky, than I'm putting the computer in the sky and placing more memory under it.

I probably know what the concept of IS is, I just don't know what the acronym stands for.

EDIT, it just occured to me you meant instruction set. CISC
Power does not come from memory.. In a minecraft CPU it really doesn't matter how much memory you have because the processors and programs can't keep up with it. With that much memory it would definitely be a bane to the computer as it would take possibly minutes to index all of it, not to mention (like Great said) the lag of this will be so great the computer wouldn't be able to function.
You didn't even know what an instruction set was which makes me think you have not a god damn clue on what you're getting yourself into. Saying that it will be CISC means nothing, I don't even think you know what CISC means.
If you really want it to be the best CPU in minecraft will have a fully pipelined 16 bit CISC 12 tick computer with one of the best IS in minecraft (to date) to contend with.

I think you need to goto the School server and learn then maybe in a few months you might have the foundations you need to build a computer like what you say.
Maybe if you elaborate on your ideas a bit (To me they sound like word salad, just some shit you picked up off of a few videos/wiki) Then I would change my mind. As of now I think you're a tryhard beginner that wants to be cool like the experienced people.

RE: I am TSO - dylanrusell - 10-04-2014

That method seems incredibly slow compared to what we have now, do to addressing and bussing delay. You do not need a huge amount of memory for a cpu to run a program that you want. Now on to the IS (instruction set) I was asking what your Instructions were and not the type because anyone can tell if it's Cisc or any type of instruction set by looking at the instructions themselves. Also if you do not have a good instruction set like Great said your cpu will not be very good.