Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. (/thread-4755.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - qwerasd205 - 09-22-2014

"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" I don't know the origin of that quote but it's a very true quote. I feel as though ORE is starting too fall apart, whenever I log into build everyone's just idling. I feel like ORE is becoming a re-run of the RDF. I don't know if maybe someone has started a new server because ORE is failing... I said it ORE is failing. Like a stalling plane it picked up speed but then stopped going forwards altogether, and now it's going to plummet back down to earth and hit rock bottom. I'm afraid for ORE, I'd be sad to see it go.

That's all I have to say.
~Qwer

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - Nuuppanaani - 09-22-2014

What you're noticing is the end of the summer holidays. People are just busy with real life, nothing else.

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - PabloDons - 09-22-2014

^^this although there is idling of course, but for some reason instead of fully concentrating on their work, someone tend to log on and distract themselves with Chat. No worries m8

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - Magazorb - 09-22-2014

Our average numbers are up, more active people, less time with nobody on, i can't understand how you justie this as failing when 2 or 3 people ideal, on top of that RDF didn't fail due to people idealing or being inactive, it failed because of a host who commedeared the server and wouldn't relinquish it when it was clearly dieing because of his own fault, he wasn't entieled to do that in the first place nor to claim it his own property, yet the old host did and ignored his "admins advice" so it's not even the same senario at all...

How you come to conclude that it's history repeating it's self and failing again is beyond me, note, summer for countrys north of equator has ended (probly about 95% of our userbase) people have other things to do, this is a regular time for servers to be doing nothing, especalie those of our nature, yet for the most part we have at least a few people on at all times, so even your speculation seems wrong to me.

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - Xray_Doc - 09-22-2014

I just don't have an appeal with the game anymore, I'm sorry. I still try to stay active here though.

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - qwerasd205 - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 04:20 PM)Magazorb Wrote: Our average numbers are up, more active people, less time with nobody on, i can't understand how you justify this as failing when 2 or 3 people ideal, on top of that RDF didn't fail due to people idling or being inactive, it failed because of a host who commandeered the server and wouldn't relinquish it when it was clearly dieing because of his own fault, he wasn't entitled to do that in the first place nor to claim it his own property, yet the old host did and ignored his "admins advice" so it's not even the same scenario at all...

How you come to conclude that it's history repeating it's self and failing again is beyond me, note, summer for countrys north of equator has ended (probably about 95% of our user-base) people have other things to do, this is a regular time for servers to be doing nothing, especially those of our nature, yet for the most part we have at least a few people on at all times, so even your speculation seems wrong to me.

I hadn't considered the fallout from the summer holidays and I guess you're right, I was just tired and didn't quite think enough about it, thanks.

~Qwer

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - Chibill - 09-22-2014

The problem is no 1.8 and we have to wait even longer now for it.

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - tokumei - 09-23-2014

The problem is, Minecraft fallout. I'm one of many people who are starting to lose interest in Minecraft because there are other games to play, or other ways to learn computer engineering, most of which aren't having some kind of internal dispute between groups of developers.

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - AFtExploision - 12-19-2014

is nothing sacred

RE: It feels like we're starting to repeat history. - Nickster258 - 12-19-2014

(09-23-2014, 04:31 PM)DJ8X Wrote: The problem is, Minecraft fallout. I'm one of many people who are starting to lose interest in Minecraft because there are other games to play, or other ways to learn computer engineering, most of which aren't having some kind of internal dispute between groups of developers.

I lost interest in the game because, quite frankly, obnoxious kids. Don't get me wrong, Minecraft was and may be one of those games that everyone loves, but ever since it hit pocket / console, it was done for.

After that, I mention Minecraft while talking with a friend in public and tons of kids would run up to me wanting to shout to me how many diamonds they found. I couldn't care less. Run off, you kinda ruined the game.

Ever since console / pocket, Minecraft lost its feeling of being special. No longer did it feel unique or special, but more of a social expectation to be at least familiar with the game. Even talking about redstone or something along those lines, people would be under-appreciative of that. Showing obviously little interest in the matter and instead talk about this house they made.

I loved Minecraft for the game, but the community as a whole made a bad turn into something annoying.