Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames (/thread-4350.html)

Pages: 1 2

Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - dudearent006 - 08-11-2014

Hi all, I know I'm not part of the ORE (and I don't plan to be), but since some of you said you were interested in seeing where this project would go in another thread, I decided to post it here:

You can post all your negative criticism about it here. At least you can't complain that it's too complicated to program anymore, which seemed to be one of the biggest concerns with the Redgames 1-3. I made sure to fix that problem with a full blown (albeit simple) compiler.

I predict most criticism will be on the fact that it uses command blocks this time around. In fact, it's already like that. But just know: SOMEBODY had to do it, and go build a real computer with command blocks, and not another one of those fake hardwired paint running command block "computers" that have been popping up recently (why don't you hate those instead?).

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - Nickster258 - 08-11-2014

I like this. The fact that you can program it with a basic programming language is amazing.

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - AFtExploision - 08-11-2014

I once started to plan a C compiler using only books / command blocks, but I got lazy. GG on the SDK!

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - Legofreak - 08-11-2014

Looks neat but programming isn't my forte. I might download it soon. Does the version you have for download already have a program loaded?

TBH, I think RedGame was one of the things that inspired me to dive deeper into redstone in the first place.

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - Iceglade - 08-12-2014

OMG ITS DUDE AND DUDE MADE THIS IT MUST BE ABSOLUTE SHITE AND I CANT EVEN IMAGINE AND LOOK HE EVEN USED COMMAND BLOCKS WHAT A N00B #realredstoner2014

On a more serious note, this is really, really, cool. I've always wanted to see an actual programming language 'complier' interacting with a minecraft CPU, and this one is a great fit. I can't say I was a huge fan of redgames 1-3, but this is one of the best redstone devices I've ever seen. I'll certainly be downloading and fiddling with it, and maybe I'll actually look into using command blocks in CS-related builds myself. Clearly, you've shown it works.

Amazing job. Smile

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - Cutlassw30 - 08-12-2014

Dude, people didn't hate redgame because they thought it was the worse computer in the history of computers. They hated it mainly because they know they built better computers and yet didn't get any recognition for it.

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - LordDecapo - 08-16-2014

this does have command blocks,, 2867? of them but it is pretty bad ass, i am going to take apart that compiler, i have been messing with that idea on and off for a while, now i build in logisim so, much faster to prototype. so i cheat redstone xD

imma see what it can do Tongue
but ya its sick xD

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - jxu - 08-16-2014

(08-12-2014, 09:37 PM)Cutlassw30 Wrote: Dude, people didn't hate redgame because they thought it was the worse computer in the history of computers. They hated it mainly because they know they built better computers and yet didn't get any recognition for it.

And the other creators of redgame never got much credit either.

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - EDevil - 08-16-2014

(08-16-2014, 06:03 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 09:37 PM)Cutlassw30 Wrote: Dude, people didn't hate redgame because they thought it was the worse computer in the history of computers. They hated it mainly because they know they built better computers and yet didn't get any recognition for it.

And the other creators of redgame never got much credit either.

RE: Commandore 32: new computer by the guy who made the "terrible" redgames - David - 08-16-2014

Why am I only seeing this now? I know I've said I hate command blocks in computers, but man this is cool Tongue. Amazing work!