Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General computing and engineering (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-66.html)
+--- Thread: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? (/thread-4072.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - tyler569 - 07-18-2014

I will remind you cut that you've used up all your chances with us, one admin's already reversed his vote on you to permanent ban with this and the spam incident the other day.

There will be no more warnings.

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - LordDecapo - 07-20-2014

tyler i know this doesnt make up for anything, but i was aware of what he was gonna post before he did as we were in a skype call, as was almost everyone that posted on this thread. We all laughed more then anything, so if u base your judgement on him trying to be an A hole, Ill take the honest route, and tell you that i told him to post something funny while in that skype call. xD
<3 cut and tyler and everyone else xD
PS dylan was in the call to and litterally LOLed at his post

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - Magic :^) - 11-01-2014

Will you not need to deal with branching before the first step?

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - TSO - 11-01-2014

I just now read this.

So, for starters, I hate logism with a passion. It's too gui oriented to be very convenient, and the fact that I'm using a laptop mouse only makes this worse, but the part that really upsets me is that there aren't hotkeys for placing gates, so you're stuck with having to go all the way back to the menu on the side if you want to change gates. Now, I don't know about you, but I personally don't lay all of the gates of the same type that the entire system will need at the same time in the place that they will go and then repeat that for each gate.

As for your question about the branch management in his computer, it looks exactly like this (a shameless screencap of his computer used without his permission. I advise you don't copy it without asking.) The funniest thing about his computer is that it appears to be made entirely of wires that go nowhere.
[attachment=444]

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - dylanrusell - 11-03-2014

(11-01-2014, 05:02 AM)TSO Wrote: I just now read this.

So, for starters, I hate logism with a passion. It's too gui oriented to be very convenient, and the fact that I'm using a laptop mouse only makes this worse, but the part that really upsets me is that there aren't hotkeys for placing gates, so you're stuck with having to go all the way back to the menu on the side if you want to change gates. Now, I don't know about you, but I personally don't lay all of the gates of the same type that the entire system will need at the same time in the place that they will go and then repeat that for each gate.

As for your question about the branch management in his computer, it looks exactly like this (a shameless screencap of his computer used without his permission. I advise you don't copy it without asking.) The funniest thing about his computer is that it appears to be made entirely of wires that go nowhere.
The fact that you posted the picture of the branch management IC shows you don't know how to use logisim. I suggest you use the tutorial in logisim or youtube on how to use it because it is an extremely useful tool. Logisim is also used in many college courses and if I remember correctly Cornell has even made libraries (addons) for logisim. Also you can copy and paste gates and IC's you don't have to go back each time to get the same gate over and over again.

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - LordDecapo - 11-03-2014

(11-03-2014, 01:31 AM)dylanrusell Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 05:02 AM)TSO Wrote: I just now read this.

The fact that you posted the picture of the branch management IC shows you don't know how to use logisim. I suggest you use the tutorial in logisim or youtube on how to use it because it is an extremely useful tool. Logisim is also used in many college courses and if I remember correctly Cornell has even made libraries (addons) for logisim. Also you can copy and paste gates and IC's you don't have to go back each time to get the same gate over and over again.

Dylan, i love you for Logisim, i also thought this program we are referring to, as utter trash and way to complicated. Then i spent about 6-7 hours with Dylan here one night from like 10pm-4/5am learning all the little tricks and tips about the IC feature (that feature is what makes it apparent u have never used this with any knowledge of how).
In Logisim u will see the green Square and circle at the top, hover ur mouse over them.. they read out as "Add Pin".. the square is an INPUT and the circle is an OUTPUT,
now look right below that
there is the line that begins with the wrench (which is probably selected),, look at the 2 objects to the far right of that, see those?
Edit Layout and Edit Sub-circuit appearance
the layout is the circuit inside the IC, and the appearance is what the IC will look like.
You can add more IC's with the green +, and from there u can make as many as u want, and use them in the main or any other circuit,, yay for IC's in IC's in IC's in IC's!!!

and the menu of parts is the best bar none from any other simulator like it

If u want i can link a tutorial,, but dont be saying it shit,, some people have made crazy ass GPU's (fully functional GPU's) in it and i have made the CPU i have showed u, a bunch of small random shit, and working on a Belt CPU currently..
Logisim is Love

Tongue

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - LordDecapo - 11-03-2014

(11-01-2014, 04:03 AM)The Magical Gentleman Wrote: Will you not need to deal with branching before the first step?

and yes, this is not including branching, which u have to leave ways to clear individual steps in this, so u can accommodate for a mispredict and such.
although, OOOexe is cool, but its inefficient as hell xD other arch are better to get parellelism out of your CPU

RE: LogiSim is GAWD.. OOOExe and Do you use LogiSim? - jxu - 11-11-2014

I'm glad you arrived at that conclusion decapo, modern systems are more efficient than you might give credit for