Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
(POLL) Merging School with Build - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: (POLL) Merging School with Build (/thread-4043.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Merging School with Build - PhysoniumI - 07-23-2014

If you channel chat, 99% of the builders would be in builder chat only.

RE: Merging School with Build - Crazyninja2000 - 07-24-2014

The whole point of the merge is too link chat. channeling chat would just bring to the problem of all the students going to the build channel asking for help, back to where we started.

RE: Merging School with Build - Iceglade - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 02:10 AM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: The whole point of the merge is too link chat. channeling chat would just bring to the problem of all the students going to the build channel asking for help, back to where we started.

And if we link chat, then students are in the linked chat asking for help, back to where we started. I'm too tired to go into any more gory detail.

RE: Merging School with Build - jxu - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 02:10 AM)Crazyninja2000 Wrote: The whole point of the merge is too link chat. channeling chat would just bring to the problem of all the students going to the build channel asking for help, back to where we started.

I don't think the chat was the main point. The point is that builders/teachers don't have to switch servers to help people. With OREbuild and OREschool on IRC the chats are already linked.

RE: Merging School with Build - Crazyninja2000 - 07-25-2014

I heard that the point was to link the chat cuz everyone kept turning it off on IRC. but the link chat does get pretty spammy, i think we should just encourage people to visit school once in a while. Also when the build server crashes, we all go to school, and since i dont build stuff there, is just say "does anyone wanna learn something".

RE: Merging School with Build - greatgamer34 - 07-25-2014

i think merging school with build would work, but...It should be students in one area of the world and builders on the other side. Otherwise, whats the point on having it be called a student rank, when all they dont have is World Edit.

I think this would be the easiest way to do something like this.
Just load it up in an MV world called "School", and have build in an MV world called "Build".

Simple enough.

Also, leave chat alone, admins can mute/kick/ban spamming players. Leave chat connected so all students can talk to all members, and vice versa.

There is literally no need no continue this argument because there will be always someone who is 'unhappy'.

RE: Merging School with Build - Iceglade - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 02:28 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: There is literally no need no continue this argument because there will be always someone who is 'unhappy'.

(07-25-2014, 02:28 PM)greatgamer34 Wrote: There is literally no need no continue this argument because there will be always someone who is 'unhappy'.

RE: Merging School with Build - jxu - 07-30-2014

(07-25-2014, 02:56 PM)Iceglade Wrote:

Greatgamer's opinion doesn't count in this.
It's not about making everyone happy, it's about maximizing happiness.

RE: Merging School with Build - redstonewarrior - 07-30-2014

(07-30-2014, 12:01 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: Greatgamer's opinion doesn't count in this.
It's not about making everyone happy, it's about maximizing happiness.

Utilitarianism is a scary tool...

RE: Merging School with Build - jxu - 07-30-2014

Please don't consider me a Stewart Mill Tongue
Democracy is focused on what the majority of people are concerned about - though in this case I don't think there's an important difference between most people happy and most happiness (to quiet those annoying people)
I don't advocate in any way utilitarianism