Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Possible Failiure of Build Server - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Possible Failiure of Build Server (/thread-4027.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Possible Failiure of Build Server - Xeomorpher - 07-11-2014

We are currently experiencing severe issues with the build server, which may or may not be a catastrophic failure of the hard drive.

We will be keeping everyone as informed as possible about this issue, and request your patience in dealing with this possibly extended downtime.

We honestly have no fucking clue exactly what is wrong with build as of yet. It may be fixed by magic upon a restart, or it may require people in lab coats and a class 10 cleanroom to fix.

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - Iceglade - 07-11-2014

What is the deal with school?

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - PNWMan - 07-11-2014

Where is everyone located at the time? Survival is dead (not too surprisingly) and I highly doubt Stym's is the backup location.

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - Xeomorpher - 07-11-2014

So, I honestly have no clue what has happened to school; I'm not staff anymore. We do have another issue however. Mort will not be back at his home to fix anything for multiple weeks.

A temporary server will be set up asap.

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - newomaster - 07-11-2014

;_; We have backups of the world on other hard drives... right?

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - tyler569 - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 07:04 PM)Iceglade Wrote: What is the deal with school?

The school's physical server appears to be offline, survival and school are on the same network, and I can SSH to survival, but school's not responding.

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - jxu - 07-11-2014

Having a ORE member host has always been an unreliable and laggy solution. If there really isn't backup of the worlds, that is a huge oversight by the staff and I would ask for a big change in the current hosting solution.

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - PhysoniumI - 07-11-2014

As soon as I fix something I can get a temporary server up. 20/20 up/down US based. Can allot 8+ GB ram on a 3770k (OC'd to 4.5GHz) so lag should not be a problem. I'd need the server files and everything could get up.

EDIT: I'll throw WE into a forced //fast mode so there's less network load to speed up everything for everyone. World Edit would be slightly more work to use, but for a less-laggy experience, it'd be required.

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - mort96 - 07-11-2014

Sadly, I'm not at home atm, nor will I be for some weeks. I just got someone to go over there and reboot the server, to no avail. Sunday, I'll get another guy over there and we'll try to see what can be done. Fingers crossed that we'll be able to save the data and be back online in not too long.

*Note to self: Backups.

RE: Possible Failiure of Build Server - LordDecapo - 07-12-2014

Guys, i have a desktop that i have set up to run a temp Server if you would like, my internet has a great up-time as well as good speed. let me know.