Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Pauly's Modded Server! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Pauly's Modded Server! (/thread-3710.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - PabloDons - 06-09-2014

(06-08-2014, 09:38 PM)paulydboy Wrote: For anyone interested, I've copied the link for the installer from the modpack suggestion voting to here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lf8c5ff8lap5vvr/Installer.exe
why do we use such an old version of minecraft (1.5.2)? Sad

EDIT:
this is important, apparently, when I successfully installed the mods, my launcher was completely unable to load profiles and therefore I am unable to launch minecraft at all. I got some of the log, but I am unable to locate the full log:
Code:
[21:47:27 INFO]: Minecraft Launcher 1.4.4 (through bootstrap 5) started on windows...
[21:47:27 INFO]: Current time is Jun 9, 2014 9:47:27 PM
[21:47:27 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.name') == 'Windows 7'
[21:47:27 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.version') == '6.1'
[21:47:27 INFO]: System.getProperty('os.arch') == 'amd64'
[21:47:27 INFO]: System.getProperty('java.version') == '1.7.0_55'
[21:47:27 INFO]: System.getProperty('java.vendor') == 'Oracle Corporation'
[21:47:27 INFO]: System.getProperty('sun.arch.data.model') == '64'
[21:47:27 INFO]: JFX has been detected & successfully loaded
[21:47:28 INFO]: Refreshing local version list...
[21:47:28 INFO]: Refreshing remote version list...
[21:47:29 INFO]: Refresh complete.
[21:47:29 ERROR]: Unexpected exception refreshing profile list
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.launcher.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:95) [launcher.jar:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
[21:47:29 ERROR]: Unhandled exception in executor com.mojang.launcher.updater.ExceptionalThreadPoolExecutor$ExceptionalFutureTask@47f56da4
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
    at com.mojang.launcher.updater.ExceptionalThreadPoolExecutor$ExceptionalFutureTask.done(ExceptionalThreadPoolExecutor.java:57) [launcher.jar:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_55]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.launcher.Launcher.ensureLoggedIn(Launcher.java:123) ~[launcher.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launcher.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:100) ~[launcher.jar:?]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
    ... 4 more

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - Chibill - 06-09-2014

Because many mods have not updated...

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - Chibill - 06-10-2014

I think the server may have crashed at 11:23 PM chicago time 6/9/14 I just got kicked with a connection error and can't reconnect.

But there was a long strip of chucks that would not load.

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - Apuly - 06-10-2014

The worldholes are just something that you're gonna need to deal with.
As for the server, it seems to be up and running again.

(06-09-2014, 08:23 PM)PabloDons Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 09:38 PM)paulydboy Wrote: For anyone interested, I've copied the link for the installer from the modpack suggestion voting to here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lf8c5ff8lap5vvr/Installer.exe
why do we use such an old version of minecraft (1.5.2)? Sad

EDIT:
Error blahdiblah...

The reason that we're using 1.5.2, is because I was sure that all the mods were compatible with that version. Also, after the modpack update voting period was done, I tried to port the mods to 1.6.4, after which it kept chashing, so I just went 'Fuck it. 1.5.2'. The improved crafting mechanic by Mojang was already introduced in that version, so I didn't give a damn.

As for the Error blahdiblah, it seems like there's something wrong with your profile list ([21:47:29 ERROR]: Unexpected exception refreshing profile list). Of course, I don't have any knowlage of that shit, except for that I know that that's where a list of all installed instances are stored, so you should look into it yourself.
FYI, restoring that file manually can be a pretty pain in the behind, so I'd just try opening it and looking for anything out of the ordinary.

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - PabloDons - 06-10-2014

thanks for the help pauly
EDIT: so the problem had something to do with the "launcher profiles" json file, luckily I actually made a backup when I was trying to get the installer to recognize my custom directory as a valid installation of minecraft, I copied that file into the main directory and all was good

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - Nickster258 - 06-10-2014

If anyone notices the server is down or something along the line of a server-side issue, PM me, I will try and fix it.

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - Chibill - 06-10-2014

Okay...

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - Nickster258 - 06-18-2014

UPDATE!

My ISP decided in the middle of the night to change my public IP. First time it has happened in 2 years.

DNS has been re-routed to my new public IP.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Game on!

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - Chibill - 06-18-2014

Thanks I was thinking mY stuff at my base crashed the server over night.

RE: Pauly's Modded Server! - PabloDons - 06-24-2014

aand, the server crashed again, sent you pm but thee have not replied