Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
[SURVIVAL] Modpack update - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: [SURVIVAL] Modpack update (/thread-3446.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[SURVIVAL] Modpack update - Apuly - 05-09-2014

As some of us might know, we are currently experiencing some difficulty with time, causing the longest weekend in human history.

Now I was thinking that we could use the extra free time caused by this weekend to add more mods to the Galaxy modpack. Which we're going to do. Because I'm Paul.

This is how we're going to do it:
In this thread you can suggest extra mods, mods that should be removed, and ways of configuring the mods. On the bottom of this post I will put a list of the current mods, so that people won't need to request already added mods, and so that the request for removal is a bit easier. If you have any questions about how the modpack is configured, you can either ask me or check for yourself (link to download in the old thread.)

In 2 weeks the requesting part will be put to a halt, and we will enter a 2 week voting period, in which everybody can vote >against< the requests made by the community, After which I will add the changes to the modpack and update it to my dropbox as a temporary solution.

Advances solars has been removed from the modpack because of instability (it's made for IC1, we're using IC2). So I'll be testing if compact solars is SMP compatible (it probably is). If it is, I'll throw it into the modpack.

Some other issues that there are with the current modpack:
1: A slight pain in the buttonhole installation process. If somebody (chibill) could make an installer, that would be great.
2: We currently still don't have a server, because Chuck simply doesn't have (take) the time to set it up. So a temporary or permanent replacement would be nice.

The modlist:
Code:
Applied energistics
iron chests

Thermal expansion
buildcraft
industrialcraft
gregtech
minefactory roloaded
Modular force field
Forestry
factorisation

thaumcraft
tinkerers construct

computercraft
misc peripherals

buildcraft
additional pipes

railcraft

extrabiomesxl
Natura
Nether ores

Ars magica
Equivalent Exchange
Soul Shards
omnitools
chicken chunks

RE: Modpack update - Chibill - 05-09-2014

I will work on the installer. Okay.

RE: Modpack update - Xray_Doc - 05-09-2014

Flymod, don't deny creative flying is shit.

RE: Modpack update - Chibill - 05-09-2014

Also I can try hosting it again. I can even give you SSH and web control of the server's host. (As my server runs proxmox so I cab have multiple computers running on it.

RE: Modpack update - Xray_Doc - 05-09-2014

Is this a survival modpack? You should make note of that in the title or first post. I thought this was a build server modpack and got really confused with these mods.

RE: Modpack update - Apuly - 05-09-2014

On the one hand, true. On the other hand, there were 3 different threads about this modpack, and there was a giant list of SMP mods.

RE: Modpack update - EDevil - 05-09-2014

Changed title to appropriate one.

RE: [SURVIVAL] Modpack update - Nuuppanaani - 05-10-2014

No Thermal Expansion?????????????????

RE: [SURVIVAL] Modpack update - Chibill - 05-10-2014

Also am making it run from a sub dir inside of .minecraft to make it easy on us.

RE: [SURVIVAL] Modpack update - Chibill - 05-10-2014

Nvm it will be in the defalut forge location but it will backup your old Mods and coremods folder for you.