Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Red game 4: - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Red game 4: (/thread-3426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - David - 05-09-2014

(05-09-2014, 08:36 PM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: It's called JEALOUSY...

the same thing happens with sethbling in this community.

he makes cool stuff too but everyone here hates him for his popularity.

y'all need to grow up.

I just love the people "wanting to be like sethbling". I don't care sethbling's views, I'm a subscriber of him myself, actually...

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - Xray_Doc - 05-09-2014

I don't hate sethbling, I just don't give 2 shits about him or YouTubers.

This thread took a dramatic turn. Backfire on the OP, haha.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - greatgamer34 - 05-10-2014

Can we change the name of this thread to " RG4-Hop on the CircleJerk"???

Lol, I never liked the RG series. To people who didn't know what computers are it was pretty boss. But to people who know what things are... Well. We think less highly of it.

What's cool is someone implementing a 5 stage pipeline on a CPU.
What isnt cool is a large fancy screen.

Look at RG3- Had a large screen people liked it. Even though they didn't know how to use it. The ISA on it was huge. It was very difficult to program.

Lauren- Make RG4 a Modified Harvard, with separate Data and Instruction Caches, and I will truly be in awe. But right now there isn't much of RG4 out yet, so I have to rely on what I know from previous version.

Good luck Mate!

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - Billman555555 - 05-10-2014

Ok then, I just went through and read all the posts and from this thread we now have: a definite list of lovers and haters, a large discussion about cb logic, and what looks like an unfolding debate about screens. 1 question: WTF?

(05-09-2014, 12:54 AM)Xray_Doc Wrote: I never hated dude or redgame, I just didn't praise them
Agreed.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - dudearent006 - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 03:20 AM)Billman555555 Wrote: Ok then, I just went through and read all the posts and from this thread we now have: a definite list of lovers and haters, a large discussion about cb logic, and what looks like an unfolding debate about screens. 1 question: WTF?

I honestly have no idea what's going on anymore either. But, to adress some problems:

The RG4 is different from 1,2,3 almost entirely. In fact, I'm probably not going to name it a Redgame. No super long instruction set or branch in every command. And instead of being difficult to program, it's extremely easy, since there's a compiler and assembler available.
For example, here's a simple graphing program I wrote:
Code:
currentBar//stores the X co-ordinate of the current bar
value//stores value given by user
function main:
{
    gpu.clear();//clear frame buffer
    currentBar=1;
    gpu.push();//show black screen
    while(true)
    {
        until(newInput)
        {
            lampOn(2);//blink lights while waiting for input
            lampOff(2);
        }
        input(value);//store user input in variable value
        gpu.rect(currentBar,1,currentBar,value);//draw bar (default colour: white)
        currentBar+=2;//move to next bar
        gpu.push();//push framebuffer to screen
    }
}
So the hard to code part's out of the way.

This computer may not have a 5 stage pipeline, though it does have a 2 stage one, a function stack and proper local variable memory control system. I don't quite see the use in a 5 stage pipeline anyway,especially in basic minecraft systems (I've worked with 32KB RAM systems with no pipeline at all), though it is impressive. I'd say a display is a lot more useful, and more impressive to people who don't appreciate all the low level stuff going on. That's my opinion and my design choices, of course.

As for your opinions on command blocks, I'll just say it again that you should just put them as a separate class of computers, not entirely comparing them to traditional ones. That way, your traditional machines can remain impressive. It's still very fun working with command block logic in my opinion, high speed logic is fun because everything happens near instantly, all components finishing their respective jobs just in time. Finding creative uses for commands is quite rewarding too.

You all still complain about my builds being unoptimised and flawed. This is true, as again, I'm not the best at building computers. I do this for fun, not perfection. You all seem to really like following standards as well. Who's forcing you to build things the same way as every computer before yours? That's boring; make something new! Do things differently!

Alright, I can't force you guys to make more unique things, but just because my designs are different to the norm doesn't mean they are bad. Like my no program counter, branch on every instruction system on the redgames. You all complain it's over complicated to program, but it has many advantages too, like faster programs, less instructions, non-linear coding (forgot to add an instruction, change the instruction before it to branch away and then branch back. You can put instructions anywhere and in any order) and so forth. There's problems with it of course, but I found it fun to make, and it's advantages are quite useful sometimes.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - EDevil - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 09:43 AM)dudearent006 Wrote: ...
As for your opinions on command blocks, I'll just say it again that you should just put them as a separate class of computers, not entirely comparing them to traditional ones. That way, your traditional machines can remain impressive. It's still very fun working with command block logic in my opinion, high speed logic is fun because everything happens near instantly, all components finishing their respective jobs just in time. Finding creative uses for commands is quite rewarding too.

You might want to use this. And there's even better news, if you download the 1.3.2 version you'll get rid of command blocks in minecraft at the same time!

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - greatgamer34 - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 01:29 PM)EDevil Wrote:

You might want to use this. And there's even better news, if you download the 1.3.2 version you'll get rid of command blocks in minecraft at the same time!

I laughed quite hard at this Evil!

But Lauren- I look forward to seeing what you make. And i look forward to downloading the map several times to destroy it and see how you did certain things! GL Mate!

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - David - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 01:29 PM)EDevil Wrote:

Here, have my rep!

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - Chibill - 05-10-2014

I am building a command block based hard drive.

RE: Red game 4: are they f***** serious - dudearent006 - 05-20-2014

(05-10-2014, 01:29 PM)EDevil Wrote: You might want to use this. And there's even better news, if you download the 1.3.2 version you'll get rid of command blocks in minecraft at the same time!
This comment is so incomprehensibly flawed I'm not even going to bother.

Anyhow, searched "redgame" on the forums, and found the first redgame hate comment that actually made me sad. Not the comment itself, but rather the person: http://forum.openredstone.org/showthread.php?tid=430&pid=23047#pid23047
Well, Guess that means war.
I leave you with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMNNCPUcgIE
Go ahead, build a better computer. No, I'm serious, that would be great for the development of redstone and command block technology. A little competition is healthy.