Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Nodus - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Nodus (/thread-3208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Nodus - Dcentrics - 04-21-2014

Nodus... A greifer's parricide mod that can cause mischief on even the most protected servers. There was an incident that happened about a week ago that involved a certain person screwing around with nodus on the server.

Things Nodus does:
1. causes derps
2. light remover
3. forcefields
4. xray
5. lets you log into other accounts from in game menu
6. A LOT of other shit that involves like aimbots and hitbots with a little hint of superjump

Do I need to make it more clear that this mod is bannabe if used on any of our servers. I should also mention of you have Nodus and you are on ORE that if anything happens while a person is logged into your account you are accountable for anything that is done so I strongly suggest all users of this mod remove it from their minecraft.
Sorry if this is a bit of a rant but this mod actually pisses me off an more ways than one. Let me know if you guys think it should be a bannable mod on the servers and if we should get plugins to detect if somebody has it.

RE: Nodus - greatgamer34 - 04-21-2014

Plugin to detect it will be appropriate, along with it being a temp ban offense.

RE: Nodus - Dcentrics - 04-21-2014

I don't know any off the top of my head

RE: Nodus - EDevil - 04-21-2014

...nocheatplus >.>

Anyhow, i don't think we should warn players for using one particular mod. We have general rules on our servers (no griefing etc.) and this mod is one of those that will fit perfectly in that category. If we have too many accidents, i suggest installing a plugin like nocheatplus. But for now imo we need to put the responsibility to the individual players.

RE: Nodus - tyler569 - 04-21-2014

I completely agree with Evil on this one, in significant part because I recall a time back on the RDF when someone suggested we ban NODUS, only for RSW to tell us he was using it at the time. (I don't recall what for - I'm sure he can elaborate)

RE: Nodus - Darkroom - 04-21-2014

Nodus can be used responsibly but I agree this mod should be banned it's just not needed for red stoning

RE: Nodus - Xray_Doc - 04-21-2014

(04-21-2014, 03:07 PM)Dcentrics Wrote: Things Nodus does:
4. xray

I nodus now.

RE: Nodus - Chibill - 04-21-2014

I made my own client to help me redstone is that okay? I also I have made a simple no clip for doing videos with it.

RE: Nodus - redstonewarrior - 04-21-2014

I used nodus for a while, it was useful at the time. (Minecraft's grown since then.) While I don't think it's much of a tool nowadays, I don't think we should ban people from using it. I think we should continue to ban people who use it to break our rules efficiently.
On a side note, there were rumors. Something to the extent of "Steals your account information". Be warned, you're still liable if this happens.
My two cents :3

RE: Nodus - Chibill - 04-21-2014

It can't be used to log on as you as you need the person's password for it to get you assess token and in 1.7.6+ it needs your UUID also.

On a side note any mod can cause derps with the right packets being sent.