Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Admin Application Idea - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Admin Application Idea (/thread-2914.html)

Pages: 1 2

Admin Application Idea - Neogreenyew - 03-29-2014

So I have an idea for how the admin application process should go.
We should create a temporary sub-forum for Admin Applications. Give everyone 1-2 weeks to submit an application. During this period, no one can comment on applications and the poster is allowed to revise their application at any time. After this time is up, unlock applications and have people vote for admins via comment on the application post.

Below is my series of questions for the applicants to answer.

Note:
I wrote this and asked questions that are similar to those asked in real life applications. There is a high level of formality in these series of questions and I hope that you will consider using it in the admin application process.
-----

Admin Application:

Please answer these questions in as much detail as possible.
Keep in mind that grammar and spelling are important and they will greatly improve your application.

1) What is your minecraft username?

2) How old are you?

3) Why exactly do you want to become an administrator?

4) How much time are you willing to spend on this server if you become an administrator?

5) In the future, do you see yourself taking any classes or getting a job that would cause you to have to step down from your admin role?

6) What would you do as an admin that would improve this server?

7) Explain your depth of knowledge when it comes to circuitry and digital logic.

8) Please add any information that you think would be helpful for us to know.

RE: Admin Application Idea - Xeomorpher - 03-29-2014

The staff did consider this idea, and we concluded that a system whereby the community chooses is better.

RE: Admin Application Idea - Neogreenyew - 03-30-2014

(03-29-2014, 11:05 PM)Xeomorpher Wrote: The staff did consider this idea, and we concluded that a system whereby the community chooses is better.

Then at least put a server broadcast message every time the user logs in that links to that thread.

RE: Admin Application Idea - VirtualPineapple - 03-31-2014

also age is mostly irrelephant

RE: Admin Application Idea - Neogreenyew - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 05:20 AM)VirtualPineapple Wrote: also age is mostly irrelephant

Ehhh... I wouldn't say that. It's one of the most relephant things when it comes to a leadership role.

RE: Admin Application Idea - EDevil - 03-31-2014

Yet again, we expect age to come with experience. We cannot expect SSH knowledge from an 8 year old, while we can from someone that's 16 years old.

RE: Admin Application Idea - David - 03-31-2014

Age is not everything. But you can expect more from a 16-year-old than from an 8-year-old.

RE: Admin Application Idea - Xeomorpher - 04-01-2014

Nor does it particularly matter how experienced they are with redstone.

RE: Admin Application Idea - Neogreenyew - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 06:44 PM)Xeomorpher Wrote: Nor does it particularly matter how experienced they are with redstone.

mhm.. now make me admin or dieeee

RE: Admin Application Idea - Chibill - 04-02-2014

I would wish to be nomatainated but yeah no one thinks of me.. I do have a server I can stuff on (with ssh).. I wish we could nominate ourself this time. Curse you xeo!