Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
AMD VS Intel - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: AMD VS Intel (/thread-28.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: AMD VS Intel - Xeomorpher - 01-08-2014

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, nvidia are awful with drivers

RE: AMD VS Intel - Nickster258 - 01-08-2014

(01-08-2014, 05:10 PM)seankingman Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 04:52 PM)Halflife390 Wrote: AMD Vs Nvidia!

Nvidia 100%

Unless you have an AMD processor. (Which I do but I still have a 770)

False. Many times Radeon graphics will far out-do the NVidia graphics, especially in the price. In recent tests, the top AMD card can out perform the Titan, and for nearly half the price.

Suck it NVidia fanboys :3

Oh, and they both have benefits. I will recommend one over the other depending on certain conditions: Price, compatibility, and need.

RE: AMD VS Intel - seankingman - 01-08-2014

(01-08-2014, 05:28 PM)Nickster258 Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 05:10 PM)seankingman Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 04:52 PM)Halflife390 Wrote: AMD Vs Nvidia!

Nvidia 100%

Unless you have an AMD processor. (Which I do but I still have a 770)

False. Many times Radeon graphics will far out-do the NVidia graphics, especially in the price. In recent tests, the top AMD card can out perform the Titan, and for nearly half the price.

Suck it NVidia fanboys :3

Oh, and they both have benefits. I will recommend one over the other depending on certain conditions: Price, compatibility, and need.

True enough Nick.
I have just had a better experience with Nvidia and due to the fact I use FSX, Nvidia wins outright for me.
One reason I would go for AMD however is that their high end cards offer 3GB VRAM as standard compared to Nvidia's outdated 2GB.

RE: AMD VS Intel - Xray_Doc - 01-08-2014

Stop bumping this shit. There is a clear distiction between the Off-Topic and Shenanigans section.

RE: AMD VS Intel - Chibill - 01-09-2014

Intel here because servers don't need CPUs built by people who make GPUs. And I can upgrade from my pentium to and i7 when I have the money.

RE: AMD VS Intel - EDevil - 01-09-2014

Dude, nvidia drivers fucking suck xD (And yesh, im running a 670, so dont say im a amd fanboy or anything)

1. When running my 3 screens at 5760x1200 / 6000x1200 (bezel corrected resolution), i can choose in the Nvidia control panel wether i want to maximize windows across all of the screens, or just on a single one. I like the 2nd option, cause then i can edit, record MC, and see YT videos all at the same time. Luckily for me, it doesnt even matter at which option you put it in, windows will fully maximize anyways (Menaing that the function is clearly broken)! Hoeraay!
2. Me being a smart ass; well, then i just dont game anymore on 6000x1200, and just on 1920x1200 (single monitor)? Well suprise suprise, in order to change my Surround settings, i need to close the following programs;
  • Steam
  • Logitech configuration panel
  • Minecraft
  • Sony Veags
  • Audacity
  • Origin
And doing that every time i need to change my workspace is simple a pain in the ass. There are a few other settings that just generally do not seem to work as well, etc etc.
Its a shame that Nvidia puts out these drivers, next time i'll upgrade my rig its going to be AMD.

RE: AMD VS Intel - seankingman - 01-09-2014

Yea, I've had problems with the drivers as well (as I now install the latest one, ironically Tongue) but as I have stated before, FSX doesn't like AMD and that's really one of the only other things I play so there's is no point in me going for AMD. I have also had problems with my A10's onboard 7660D not performing well before I got my 770.

Intel onboard graphics it is then...

RE: AMD VS Intel - seankingman - 01-09-2014

I'd never use onboard graphics though, It was just that my 480 broke so I had to make do with it until I got my 770.

(01-09-2014, 08:12 PM)seankingman Wrote: I'd never use onboard graphics though, It was just that my 480 broke so I had to make do with it until I got my 770.

It was a joke Tongue