Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
I am stuck. HALP! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Shenanigans (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-31.html)
+---- Thread: I am stuck. HALP! (/thread-2039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I am stuck. HALP! - WrytXander - 01-18-2014

Okay, so, I am doing search about this new mid-tier gaming pv I am planning on building. Most of the stuff is set other than CPU, GPU, motherboard (looks like ASUS z87 PRO).

Now, as I said I want a mid-tier gaming pc, I will be doing 3D renders as well. I am trying to go for a compact, silent (not that important) build while maintaining speed/reliablity.

Bang fpr the byck factor is not that important, but ofcourse, I dont think I need NVIDIA Tıtan with i7 3970x. I thought maybe i5 4670K 3.4 GHz with ASUS GTX 770 2GB. But, I feel that I can get a better configuration.

here are the things I have decided for sure:

250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
1 TB WD Caviar Black Sata 3.0
2x4GB Corsair vengeance DDR3 RAM

For the case, I might get a Corsair with a power supply already shipped with it.

No idea about the cooling options/heat sync.

HALP!

I dont plan on getting AMD btw D:

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - seankingman - 01-18-2014

I have a 770 and I have to say it is very good! I'm also looking to upgrade to an i5 as well but probably Ivybridge as they are cheaper than Haswell. Overall I think you'd do great with a 770 and an i5. xD

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - WrytXander - 01-18-2014

(01-18-2014, 06:45 PM)seankingman Wrote: I have a 770 and I have to say it is very good! I'm also looking to upgrade to an i5 as well but probably Ivybridge as they are cheaper than Haswell. Overall I think you'd do great with a 770 and an i5. xD

Nice to hear that! I was checking out Linus Tech Tips, and he used a water cooling system for over clocking and what not, with a similar setup. I will generally be playing minecraft, and using Adobr suite + Cinema 4D, so I am sure that I do not need any water cooling shenanigans, eh?

I am doing all my work on a 2.5 GHz i5 and GTX 680 ob a laptop :D

So I think I will feel the performance boost :DD

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - seankingman - 01-18-2014

Yea, the MSI Gaming 770 that I have has a base clock of 1085Mhz and a boost clock of 1137Mhz but with GPU Boost 2.0 it dynamically overclocks to 1201Mhz! Big Grin This is with the temperature in the 70's Celsius on GPU taxing games (with Twin Frozr cooler). In Minecraft the temperature never goes above 60C really as the GPU isn't doing much work. I'm not sure how the ASUS card runs but I'm sure it's similar!

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - EDevil - 01-19-2014

Indeed, i would go with the 770. Nuthing to say really Smile Just a good card

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - WrytXander - 01-19-2014

Thanks to you all! The decision has been made, I have been reading forums and watching videos on this, seems like MSI with the twin forzr coolers look like a great deal, since ASUS uses Direct CU II and I am a bit sceptical about water cooling as I do not think I will be able to maintain a water cooling system. Or maybe it is just me thinking that water cooling is meh. I am a sketchy guy, so things go derp so often Big Grin

The CPU? i5 for sure, i will open 3 apps at max at the same time. No need for hyperthreading. I think I will go with i5 4670K. Maybe I could find a more OC able one. Yeah, but thanks! Big Grin

God, I love ORE Forums :3

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - seankingman - 01-19-2014

No problem Wryt, hope you enjoy your new system! Smile

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - Xeomorpher - 01-21-2014

Happy gaming! Big Grin

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - seankingman - 01-22-2014

(01-21-2014, 10:00 PM)Xeomorpher Wrote: Happy gaming! Big Grin

Have you still got that crappy laptop?

RE: I am stuck. HALP! - Xeomorpher - 01-23-2014

No. A less shit one.