Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Projects (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-21.html)
+---- Thread: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image (/thread-1968.html)

Pages: 1 2

Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Legofreak - 01-13-2014

Today I finally got this to work.
Located at /warp RekTV
[Image: tvfront_zps14eb858b.png]

I'm sending a 64bit image using a serial analog line. It uses my NIBL-16 hex memory to store the image and send it at 8 b/s.

[Image: tvtop_zpsd5e45442.png]
-Backside colors-
Red: read line and decoder
Black: multiplexer and bit limiter
Orange: receiver
Magenta: clock
Cyan: vertical selector

[Image: tvinput_zps40ceb0e5.png]

Here is part of my control panel. You select 4 pixels at a time and choose a 4 bit number to represent them. There are 16 buttons for selection and write. The signs up top show which 4 pixels you are editing. When you hit the send button, it sends a long pulse of 15, followed by the data, to the receiver. It detects the pulse and starts the receive process.

Currently it runs at 8b/s but I think it could run at 10... I guess now that I got this working I can try to speed it up.

RE: 8x8 Analog TV - Legofreak - 01-27-2014

Update: was broken for a while and i fixed it. for some reason, the high speed line was causing glitches, so i replaced it. the sender now runs at 10 bits per second. i also added an auto advance to the UI.

i have a creeper and a smiley face saved right now.

maybe my next thing will be an easier way to make a picture.
right now, you have to manually convert binary to hex and input one at a time 16 times.

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Legofreak - 01-28-2014

Today I made a new part to send an image.
[Image: ImageSender_zpsa58f5be3.png]

I kinda blew my mind when it worked with very little debugging.

It bypasses the storage but i hope to have addressable saves in the future. My NIBL-256 memory could potentially store 16 images.

I didn't really think I should make a new thread for it but I feel like its turning into an in progress thread.

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Legofreak - 02-09-2014

I guess I'm talking to myself on this thread.... lol

update!

I made a new screen with 4x4 pixels. Instead of decoding each hex value one by one, each set of 4 pixels has a hex memory cell and a decoder.
[Image: 4x4serial_zpsfce94037.png]
top view
[Image: 4x4serialtop_zpsc038696f.png]

Its also not very deep. only 17 blocks I think

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Chibill - 02-09-2014

*claps*

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Koala_Steamed - 02-16-2014

Nice! :)

This is sort of what i'm attempting to do but failing at xD

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Legofreak - 02-17-2014

Hey i think i recognize your name from minecraftforums.net. I saw your analog to binary decoder on youtube and it looks really big. shadekiller666 showed me one thats really small. Much smaller than mine and yours. although, i designed mine to have syncronized outputs which his isnt.

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Chibill - 02-17-2014

He was / is taking place in the redstone war.

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Koala_Steamed - 02-20-2014

(02-17-2014, 09:44 PM)RekcirBrickeR Wrote: Hey i think i recognize your name from minecraftforums.net. I saw your analog to binary decoder on youtube and it looks really big. shadekiller666 showed me one thats really small. Much smaller than mine and yours. although, i designed mine to have syncronized outputs which his isnt.

Yes that would be me :3 What's your account name on minecraft.net? Size isn't really an issue for what i'm doing, but i need it to be able to accept constant 2 tick pulses, which seems to be derping up my design.

Do you know if either yours or Shades works with a 2 tick input?

(02-17-2014, 10:22 PM)Chibill Wrote: He was / is taking place in the redstone war.

Oh hey Chibill Smile Yep still in, up against Jmal in the semi finals.

RE: Analog Serial Transmission 8x8 Image - Legofreak - 02-20-2014

I'm Legofreak on minecraftforums

i found out mine burns out on 2 tick when the same value alternates more than 3 times because it uses torches to decode. but it takes 3 or 4 ticks like a champ. shades design has kind of a ripple effect that's 4 to 6 ticks depending on what the previous input was but it cant burn out. it might be modified to work though.

I havent tried much to go faster because everything gets kinda derpy at 2 ticks. 10 b/s is good enough for me. 20 is madness lol.

Go to "/warp rektv" and fly around behind the first smaller screen to see mine. I have the same decoder in a bunch of other stuff on my lot. Also, the bigger screen there uses shades decoder 16 times.