Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game (/thread-1912.html)

Pages: 1 2

Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - EDevil - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 11:43 AM)WrytXander Wrote: I mean, assembly is nice and all that, but we really need a way to control Minecraft CPU's out of game. Since in game higher level language's will require even more contrpations and extremely inefficient.

I have no idea if we have any ways of talking to redstone out of game, i might make a new thread for it though, seems like it requires some coding and it is a topic of its own.

Voila. I'm not asking anyone to make this, this is purely an open topic for discussing.

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - AFtExploision - 01-09-2014

maybe a program to turn it from files to a schematic of torch row ROM specialized for your CPU? :-P

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - Guy1234567890 - 01-09-2014

Connect the bits of a device to command blocks, who's output will be read by a script as they appear in console, and the inverse.

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - Iceglade - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 06:49 PM)Guy1234567890 Wrote: Connect the bits of a device to command blocks, who's output will be read by a script as they appear in console, and the inverse.

That would be incredibly hard to sync possibly, but maybe actually doable... hmmm...

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - xdot - 01-09-2014

Here is a really simple plugin (I wrote it in under 10 minutes) that can "stream" data stored externally to in-game data/instruction busses.

[Image: Y3AKQYv.png]

It is definitely feasible.

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - David - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 09:13 PM)xdot Wrote: Here is a really simple plugin (I wrote it in under 10 minutes) that can "stream" data stored externally to in-game data/instruction busses.

(snip)

Can the plugin also read outputs? To get RAM adresses and such.

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - Chibill - 01-09-2014

We could try this but it would be a forge mod which normal clients can connect to so yeah with MCPC we could do this.

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - EDevil - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 09:35 PM)David Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 09:13 PM)xdot Wrote: Here is a really simple plugin (I wrote it in under 10 minutes) that can "stream" data stored externally to in-game data/instruction busses.

(snip)

Getting signals from Minecraft to an external tool? Almost impossible.

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - WrytXander - 01-09-2014

Thank you Evil, for saving my lazy azz from creating a new thread :3 and well, dot, umm.. That. Looks. Awesome!

To me, typing out your whole program in the chat and say like /run is amazing and I can not believe it is something that simple! So what I say, is motivate dot and a few other coding-magicians to get this thing do assembly! And I have to say, typing in to chat is not the most convenient way, but it seems like it is the most feasible and it also removes the need of 3rd party software.

Good work dot, I love it.!

RE: Controlling Minecraft CPU's out of game - Iceglade - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 10:17 PM)EvilDevil59NL Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 09:35 PM)David Wrote:

(snip)

Getting signals from Minecraft to an external tool? Almost impossible.

But the brilliance of this is that you don't need an external tool!
EDIT: grats on 1000 posts Tongue

Also, separately I wonder if it's possible, within the confines of Bukkit plugin development, to edit command blocks to work with this. In that sense we would be able to work with these scripts and literally control them based on redstone.

The best alternative to this is a /run command, which I might actually feel is better than the idea of using command blocks for it.

I have to agree with Wryt here though, this is brilliant to be done through chat. A simple interpreter should be easy for a smart few.