Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
The Map makers Guild - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: Custom Map making (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: The Map makers Guild (/thread-172.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Map makers Guild - shrogg - 05-12-2013

Greetings all, and welcome to the map makers guild.

Introduction

I have noticed that a fair few of you have shown an interest in making adventure maps (Or things of the like), This is awesome, because i would love to get a group of people together and make a map or two!

You may all know of "Hypixel" and his amazing maps, and i think we can do something equally awesome, if not better!

So..
At the moment there is a small group of us working on a small adventure dungeon called "Heart of the Jungle", its mainly a trail map, for us to get fimilar with the tools required to do the semi-confusing things that are required when constructing these maps.

Joining this "Guild"

So there is no real process for joining, but we do want to know that we can trust you with things such as NBT edit, Command Blocks and being OP on a build server.

You will also need to show us that you can follow a set task given to you by a project head, we don't want someone making a boss fight or parkour track that makes no sense!

Making the maps

Maps will first be sketched up in a image editing program, they will be annotated with all the things that happen inside them, For instance here is a map i drew up for Heart of the Jungle (Note that it was changed later on to be more fun)

Heart of the Jungle PreProduction

Once that process is complete, we will start building. This is where the project head will quickly block out the map
(Whoever plans the map will be the project head, or if you dont feel up to the job, you can ask one of us to do it)
Once that is done, the rest of the guild can move in, adding detail, redstone and monster spawns.

After the map is made, we will upload the finished unit to a group of people who want to beta test it. finding any bugs and what not.

We will release the map once we are all comfortable with it.

Teamspeak

There will be a teamspeak channel for us (once i get admin on TS)
If you have a mic, and are comfortible talking to wierd people, then join us Big Grin Building things like this is so much easier when you dont have to type heaps of stuff, when all you are trying to explain is why the door needs to open AFTER the boss says the critical line.

Current WIPs

Heart of the Jungle
Pre production: http://imgur.com/a/QT1a8
Map Images
[Image: qcttLbal.png]
[Image: pu5jAiOl.jpg]

Ignite the Towers
Still need to work out pre production
[Image: 4BJHAnDl.png]

Rewards for helping

Now there "May" be money in this.. I'm not sure yet, but if it does get big, we could potentially have not only an influx of new members on ORE, but also quite a bit of money from YouTube views and (if we use adfly) money from that too...
If that does happen, I will purchase everyone in the group a steam game or two, and hopefully splitting up the profits equally around everyone. this does have a few issues though, so there are no promises!

RE: The Map makers Guild - Nickster258 - 05-12-2013

:o I like it, although I probably should not do the project since I would be gone for the most of it. (School has gotten hard for the next few weeks)

RE: The Map makers Guild - JayJuly - 05-12-2013

Nice Smile. I'd love to help if I can Big Grin.

RE: The Map makers Guild - JeremyG - 05-12-2013

I'd love to help. You can see some of my work on CX's map.

But I bet you can't trust me NBT editing, command blocks and OP powers. Surely I am abusing those on the ORE server Wink

RE: The Map makers Guild - shrogg - 05-13-2013

If you are good at creative building, then that will still be a huge help!
We create all maps on the ORE Server, /mvtp advmap

RE: The Map makers Guild - shadekiller666 - 05-13-2013

count me in!!! Big Grin

RE: The Map makers Guild - mad1231999 - 05-13-2013

I'd love to help! I have a bit of experience with maps, as I was designing a rather big one, but had to cancel it due to school and stuff.

RE: The Map makers Guild - David - 05-13-2013

I'd love to be a part of this,
I don't know NBT edit sadly enough Sad.
But I'm pretty decent at command blocks and for the OP, I've been op/mod/admin/co-owner of loads of servers and none of them were not happy about me Big Grin. I can build pretty decent stuff. I won't say I'm the best builder out there though.

I've been trying to make maps for a long long time, but everytime somethimg get's in the way, mainly school. And with every minecraft cleanup day Tongue (Once every 6 moths or so) I delete the map i was workig on.

RE: The Map makers Guild - tello14 - 05-14-2013

Hey I'd like to join! I got all day on weekends and 3-5 hrs on weekdays! This project looks fuuunnnn.

RE: The Map makers Guild - newomaster - 05-14-2013

I might join, however I don't really know anything about NBT or mapmaking. This would be a good way for me to learn.