Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! (/thread-1338.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - irobliquorstores2 - 11-07-2013

This has been happening since I've joined the build server... I would first be missing a single or a few pistons here and there, even moments after I built them and turned my back. I always was disturbed about how they disappeared, as it wouldn't say anyone removed them, they just disappeared.

Now, just a few minutes ago, while working on my 31 byte piston memory module, I go down and see that ALL THE PISTONS FOR THE READ ARE MISSING. AS IF THEY WERE NEVER THERE. BUT THEY HAD BEEN SITTING THERE FOR 2 DAYS BECAUSE THATS WHEN I ORIGINALLY BUILT THE PISTON READ SYSTEM.

Why does this only seem to happen to me?!?!?!?!?

Even newo saw my build just a short while ago so I'm not going crazy... I HAVE WITNESSES DAMMIT.

I HAVE PROOF OF THIS INSTANCE!
While taking pics of le rob mini CPU, you can clearly see in the bottom right corner, my memory with the pistons. As you can see in the pics, the first one shows in the bottom right corner MY PISTONS IN DAH MEMORY BUILD, then the next ones were taken JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO and the pistons are gone! http://imgur.com/a/oVKSZ

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - Chibill - 11-07-2013

Test with hawk eye to see if someone broke them.

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - tokumei - 11-07-2013

Did you move anything with worldedit?

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - irobliquorstores2 - 11-07-2013

The memory itself was placed with world edit originally. I never made changes to the pistons at all.
And no, no one else broke them.. ._. that would be the ultimate troll if they did tho lol

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - tokumei - 11-08-2013

Whenever you are moving something with WorldEdit, it's possible that extended pistons will break. The best thing to do would be to make sure most/all of the pistons are retracted before making a worldedit.

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - irobliquorstores2 - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 03:55 PM)DJ8X Wrote: Whenever you are moving something with WorldEdit, it's possible that extended pistons will break. The best thing to do would be to make sure most/all of the pistons are retracted before making a worldedit.

Thats the thing tho, they were not extended at all ._. and I was even savin and reading bits from it, lol. I guess the pistons decided to leave ._.

Although it happens with hand placed pistons for me too Sad

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - Chibill - 11-09-2013

Maybe you plot is having memory leaks? Or file corruption on the save file for the server.

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - Thor23 - 11-10-2013

Yeah, I myself often experience the 'ghost block' phenomena, but I don't think its due to any glitch; It's just a result of playing on a server instead of single player. I found that block updates are usually what cause them to show themselves as nonexistent, so that's probably why you couldn't find any trace of them being destroyed.

As for the memory system, if you just built one set then stacked it, and the first instance had the pistons as ghost blocks, then I'm not entirely surprised that they all turned out to be ghost blocks. Then again, if you were reading and writing from it, then I've got nothing. ._.

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - irobliquorstores2 - 11-10-2013

(11-10-2013, 02:44 AM)Thor23 Wrote: Yeah, I myself often experience the 'ghost block' phenomena, but I don't think its due to any glitch; It's just a result of playing on a server instead of single player. I found that block updates are usually what cause them to show themselves as nonexistent, so that's probably why you couldn't find any trace of them being destroyed.

As for the memory system, if you just built one set then stacked it, and the first instance had the pistons as ghost blocks, then I'm not entirely surprised that they all turned out to be ghost blocks. Then again, if you were reading and writing from it, then I've got nothing. ._.
Yep, thats why its so strange. To have it working like normal then to just disappear lol.

RE: Why do my pistons keep magically disapearing from my builds?! - newomaster - 11-10-2013

Best solution: Don't use pistons.