Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
What happened to real redstone? - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Build Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-50.html)
+--- Thread: What happened to real redstone? (/thread-1160.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Frontrider - 12-16-2013

Command block require different knowledge then normal redstone.From 1.7 knowing commands not enough you need more inner knowledge.But thats not make you capable of making complicated redstone stuff.
But well, command blocks are more visual so they more popular.(but still not too mutch people does it)
I never build ALUs before,but i worked with data stored on redstone, and also tried different "platforms".As i tried to explain it... Well,Theres only one player on our server who understands what i'm doing.

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Xray_Doc - 12-16-2013

Knowing how to code isn't the same as knowing how to engineer.

RE: What happened to real redstone? - AFtExploision - 12-16-2013

(12-16-2013, 09:17 AM)Frontrider Wrote: Command block require different knowledge then normal redstone.From 1.7 knowing commands not enough you need more inner knowledge.But thats not make you capable of making complicated redstone stuff.
But well, command blocks are more visual so they more popular.(but still not too mutch people does it)
I never build ALUs before,but i worked with data stored on redstone, and also tried different "platforms".As i tried to explain it... Well,Theres only one player on our server who understands what i'm doing.

You mistake "redstone" with "digital electronics." ANYTHING you can do with redstone is valid. A door on a lever is redstone. You are just being pompest, saying only YOUR redstone is redstone. Command Blocks are valid redstone - in fact, they actually require a knowledge of game mechanics instead of just a basic knowledge with taking irl designs and optimising them - CB logic is MC only, while our "redstone" has been layed out for us by past inventors such as Tesla. YES - anything involving redstone can be called redstone, CB;s are redstone, you are being pompest by claiming only your interpretation of redstone is true redstone - which is untrue, ignorant, and disrespectful to players who practice in other redstone mechanics.

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Null - 12-16-2013

Well... Command Blocks Are Ok-Ish... But... The Pont Is... That They Are Not Survival Friendly... And You Need To Code Them... Not Make Them... (Same As Expression2 In WireMod... I Don't Use It... Because It Seems Cheat-Ish... Kinda...)

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Frontrider - 12-25-2013

(12-16-2013, 02:15 PM)AFtExploision Wrote:
(12-16-2013, 09:17 AM)Frontrider Wrote: Command block require different knowledge then normal redstone.From 1.7 knowing commands not enough you need more inner knowledge.But thats not make you capable of making complicated redstone stuff.

You mistake "redstone" with "digital electronics." ANYTHING you can do with redstone is valid. A door on a lever is redstone. You are just being pompest, saying only YOUR redstone is redstone. Command Blocks are valid redstone - in fact, they actually require a knowledge of game mechanics instead of just a basic knowledge with taking irl designs and optimising them - CB logic is MC only, while our "redstone" has been layed out for us by past inventors such as Tesla. YES - anything involving redstone can be called redstone, CB;s are redstone, you are being pompest by claiming only your interpretation of redstone is true redstone - which is untrue, ignorant, and disrespectful to players who practice in other redstone mechanics.

In fact, really familiar with command blocks and nbt tags, so i know what im talking abaut. Right now, command blocks can go on their own with setblock, whitout any redstone built.
And you gonna call spawners to be redstone as well?
What digital redstone is? I cant understand that , oktal and hex systems going well.I hope my computer will be finished soon.
Well almost forgotConfusedystems made with cbs are called "game mechanics".

RE: What happened to real redstone? - AFtExploision - 12-25-2013

(12-25-2013, 09:39 PM)Frontrider Wrote:

In fact, really familiar with command blocks and nbt tags, so i know what im talking abaut. Right now, command blocks can go on their own with setblock, whitout any redstone built.
And you gonna call spawners to be redstone as well?
What digital redstone is? I cant understand that , oktal and hex systems going well.I hope my computer will be finished soon.
Well almost forgotConfusedystems made with cbs are called "game mechanics".

Nope. It uses any redstone devices (levers, ect.) to activate the CB's. Completely redstone.

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Iceglade - 12-26-2013

This is still getting controversy? I was bitter when I posted this, don't blow it up to something larger than it is.

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Frontrider - 12-26-2013

(12-25-2013, 11:39 PM)AFtExploision Wrote:
(12-25-2013, 09:39 PM)Frontrider Wrote:
(12-16-2013, 09:17 AM)Frontrider Wrote:

Nope. It uses any redstone devices (levers, ect.) to activate the CB's. Completely redstone.

They not ment to be the part of the redstone mechanic. They triggered by it, because theres simply noting else in the game to do that.

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Iceglade - 12-26-2013

Oh and also, what if I told you I use command blocks now and again? They're interesting to use when making little concepts like this, my entire point is that they shouldn't be applied to logical redstone.

What pisses me off here is not command blocks, or the very fact that people use them. I just find it kind of funny that, even at the most very basic level, (a lot of redstone), people can't even see that there's a computer in front of their eyes and instead start moaning for their overlords.

That didn't happen a year ago.

And also... keep in mind that doing youtube and showcasing to more than 20 people is hard. It's not easy to read those 6-7 hate comments when they're there. It seems like the kind of thing you'd just pass by but it's really not. In fact, those comments led to me making a reddit post that pretty much brought down command blocks a bit in /r/redstone, etc. You overreact, but I still agree with what I initially posted here. They're two seperate things. Command blocks was Mojang's attempt to keep redstone relevant when it still was anyway.

RE: What happened to real redstone? - Neogreenyew - 12-26-2013

I'd be fine with command blocks being used for instant bussing. But if you use command blocks in place of logic, then it kinda defeats the point of working hard on these machines.