Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! (/thread-11576.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - LordDecapo - 01-08-2017

Recently we have had a LOT... and i mean a LOT more WE fuck ups that are both more frequent and more destructive than any time i have ever seen. Just the past 2 weeks alone there has been more issues and things getting broken then the last year combined. 
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!
YOU have GOT to watch out for YOUR selection positions and the stack values you use. This is getting beyond old... almost every day getting buzzed on my phone that my shit is broken cause one of you all carelessly fucked shit up... yet again.

From here on out ANY and ALL WE mistakes that require an admin to stepin will be a MINIMUM 2 week global temp ban.... no build... no school.... no survival.

we have been very nice in the past with these sort of things.. and it appears that that kindness has made you all soft in your midset causing no one to double check their stuff before hiting enter.

THIS is EVERYONES warning. I will not accept "well i didnt know" as an appeal to the 2(+) week ban you get for your WE mistakes.

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - BigPigfootsie - 01-08-2017

woof
if capo is angry
it must be serious

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - PNWMan - 01-08-2017

Whenever you have 2 points selected, the most recent selection point will have a number at the end. That number shows your selection size. Also LiteLoader+WorldEditCUI is super helpful because you can see your selection with gridlines. Also, there's //limit <amount> which will set a limit per user for the maximum amount of blocks changed. Keep in mind if your WE exceeds the limit, it doesn't completely drop the command. It just changes all the blocks until the limit is reached.

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - artemasrukh - 01-08-2017

Rember that //Undo is a thing, and a global //Limit is also somethign else. Undo doesn't always work, but I've had a few major fuckups, where I accidentally added a 0 to my stack command, and it went miles...

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - embizone - 01-09-2017

Why not just impose a WE limit on all builders... or only trust certain people...

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - JeremyG - 01-09-2017

I would also recommend doing //sel after you're done with any worldedit selection. This will clear your selection, so you can be sure that any remnant positions won't accidentally make it into your next selection.

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - Iceglade - 01-09-2017

I don't know what staff discussed, but to me it seems like revoking WE privileges (or a build-only ban) makes more sense than a global ban if there was no malicious intent.

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - JeremyG - 01-09-2017

The idea is to make the repercussions quite severe such that people will take a lot more care when doing their worldedits.

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - Apuly - 01-09-2017

Still, global banning people right away is a pretty extreme

RE: World Edit Issue. MUST READ! - tokumei - 01-10-2017

... not so extreme for an extreme, sometimes unfixable problem