Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Non-supportive teachers - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Non-supportive teachers (/thread-11510.html)

Non-supportive teachers - Vexcrate - 12-29-2016

I’m a student who has been on for 20+ hours. However, I have only received 10 minutes of teaching. 2 teachers have always been on the server.  Dodgy Koyarno has been on about 12 out of the 20 hours I have been online. He, however, has refused to teach. Please help!

RE: Non-supportive teachers - Koyarno - 12-30-2016

Right now, I'm on vacation and i guess many others do too. But i shouldn't be the only one teaching. Keep in mind that it is all based around equal return of effort... or the teacher is relatively new and full of enthusiasm.
Don't penalize me for being on more than others.

1. Ask for teachers on build. (20% guarantee)
2. Ask for teachers on build to help you on your adder (50% guarantee)
3. Ask for teachers on build to solve what is wrong on your adder (90% guarantee)
4. Ask me for a appointment here on the forums.

@mods please put this in the feedback section.

RE: Non-supportive teachers - Matthew - 01-02-2017

I am a teacher and i have been teaching students for 3 months... I always help and teach when i can which is a lot. In my experience however 70% of the students don't have time to be taught or become bored very quickly so they end up leaving. I am making an updated tutorial series that will cover everything. If you want to learn this stuff you should try and teach yourself first using stuff like this. Big Grin (links below are all i needed)    

Bennyscube

Carnegie Mellon

Teachers are volunteers we help where we can... we where never supposed teach lessons all day everyday at the control of a student ;P

*cough cough* students that want to learn are being non-supportive... they wont try learning on their own first

RE: Non-supportive teachers - LordDecapo - 01-03-2017

This is not the appropropriate place for this type of post... moving to the proper place.
(my answer is identical of koys and matthews... as i showed matthew how to find his shit xD)

RE: Non-supportive teachers - jxu - 01-10-2017

I've always believed a thought-out and clear video tutorial could save much more time and typing than actually teaching live. However, for the basics the "Socratic method" of asking questions and having them answered is kind of lost. It's much better than typing the same script over and over though.

I've considered many times doing an "intermediate redstone series" that goes into skills and topics like compacting, 2-wide stacking, the reasoning behind instacarry and CLE, basic ALU design, etc., but being so out-of-date for so long, I don't know if I'm even qualified to do so any more (or if I ever was qualified).

Also
(01-02-2017, 05:40 AM)Matthew Wrote: Carnegie Mellon
( •_•)    ( •_•)>⌐■-■    (⌐■_■)

RE: Non-supportive teachers - Matthew - 01-12-2017

(01-10-2017, 02:14 AM)͝ ͟ ͜ Wrote: I've always believed a thought-out and clear video tutorial could save much more time and typing than actually teaching live. However, for the basics the "Socratic method" of asking questions and having them answered is kind of lost. It's much better than typing the same script over and over though.

Also
(01-02-2017, 05:40 AM)Matthew Wrote: Carnegie Mellon
( •_•)    ( •_•)>⌐■-■    (⌐■_■)

so true... lol also have you not seen carnegie before? lol after learning gates and adders that's the perfect series to teach you how to make cpus

RE: Non-supportive teachers - jxu - 01-13-2017

Trust me I've seen plenty of it