Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe (/thread-11369.html)

just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - Apocryphan - 11-30-2016

just found it and thought of you guys!

https://youtu.be/KJ63Adx_riM?t=2m30s

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Circuit+Scribe&rh=i:aps,k:Circuit+Scribe&linkCode=sl2&tag=ga021-20&linkId=bb4ae405eaaa7d140ff37dddae3ba01e

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - Apuly - 11-30-2016

although these things are pretty cool, I would like to point out that just buying a conductive ink pen and a bunch of components is cheaper than buying one if those sets

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - Apocryphan - 12-01-2016

yea, they just take a little longer to dry. I'm stuck using solder and wires like its still the 90's.

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - Chibill - 12-01-2016

I love to solder. (When I actually have a plan that is)

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - Apuly - 12-01-2016

You could also just get a big breadboard.
You'd probably make about the same as you would with the circuit scribe things, but you can re-use everything that you use in that.

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - optimo - 12-02-2016

(11-30-2016, 10:02 AM)Apocryphan Wrote: just found it and thought of you guys!

When are you coming back to build stuff? You and I have not met, but we are comparator brethren.
Smile

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - Apocryphan - 12-04-2016

(12-02-2016, 09:52 PM)optimo Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 10:02 AM)Apocryphan Wrote: just found it and thought of you guys!

When are you coming back to build stuff? You and I have not met, but we are comparator brethren.
Smile

well it had my interest, but now you have my attention, If you could pick one thing to show me, to get me to come back, what would it be and what is the warp code. I hope i don't have to say this, but it better contain a comparator or 2.

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - optimo - 12-06-2016

(12-04-2016, 03:38 PM)Apocryphan Wrote: well it had my interest, but now you have my attention, If you could pick one thing to show me, to get me to come back, what would it be and what is the warp code. I hope i don't have to say this, but it better contain a comparator or 2.

ehm. well that's a bit of pressure on me ;p I don't know why you became disinterested in the first place, but I don't have a lot to show you either way. I've seen some really cool things made by Powsi and Don, and even properenglish and koala, and I have some of my own ideas but not a lot to show off for you at this time. Hah.

Not sure how up to date you are anyway, but if you had reason for leaving I don't know it. I think there's still a lot of innovating left to be done using comparators, so the subject never seems boring to me. I've actually learned quite a bit even since joining this server relatively recently. I like to innovate, not build others' designs, so that leaves my plot without a lot on it just yet.

I'd been chasing the dragon for a while on my own server trying to get hex data lines running at better than 2 tick resolution or maybe up to 16+ bps, but I think you and some others have probably exhausted fitting reliable analog bits into a stream any denser than one hex 'nibble' (4bits) per 2 redstone ticks pulse. I am not sure all the tricks have been found. I'm also interested in user-friendly interfaces, so that regular non tech users can use our machines and not have to be the engineers, but still be able to use it ; afforded ease of use and intuitive controls or controls that mimic real-world machines; and compacting stuff Smile.

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - minestyler007 - 12-06-2016

hey optimo,
i was working on fitting 1 tick signals in comparators... it did work but i couldnt realy make useful stuff with it i could show you what i came up with and you could maybe try to make something with it. I was trying to convert the 1 tick serial bits into binary but didnt manage to finish it.

RE: just found this awesome tool called circuit scribe - optimo - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 05:02 PM)minestyler007 Wrote: hey optimo,
i was working on fitting 1 tick signals in comparators... it did work but i couldnt realy make useful stuff with it i could show you what i came up with and you could maybe try to make something with it. I was trying to convert the 1 tick serial bits into binary but didnt manage to finish it.

I'll take a look sure. it's not impossible entirely - some have had varying success storing or retrieving a pulse, but it winds up being 1.5 ticks actually which means you're having to process data with symbols made from pulses that are taking more than one tick, it winds up being 2 pulses per 3 ticks but making sense of where one starts and ends is tricky.

magic had built something to show how tricky it was to delete a single bit from a stream packed that tightly, for example. because that .5 tick artifact.

probably you hit the same problems that others and myself have with that cramming of signal. sending a continuous stream of nibble data and decoding it on the other end is demonstrable but perhaps unreliable or a bug by nature.