Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
1.10 Build and School Update - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: 1.10 Build and School Update (/thread-10378.html)

Pages: 1 2

1.10 Build and School Update - Chibill - 07-24-2016

On Wednesday (July,27,2016) the build and school server will be updated to spigot 1.10 between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM UTC during this time expect that they will both be down. Click the provided link for a conversion to your time zone. 

In this update a few things have changed. We have dropped protocolsupport and also wesv.
And we have add FastAsyncWorldEdit.

RE: 1.10 Build and School Update - slugdude - 07-25-2016

(07-24-2016, 07:23 PM)Chibill Wrote: We have dropped protocolsupport

RIP Slug

RIP intOREnet

RIP SMIc CPU

RIP life.

RE: 1.10 Build and School Update - Chibill - 07-25-2016

Slug just run 1.10 it's not hard.

(07-25-2016, 04:38 AM)Chibill Wrote: Slug just run 1.10 it's not hard.

I just spoke to Nickster about this and he somewhat gets what I'm saying, he said "let me think about it" to me.

See, firstly, I'm not boycotting MS because I think it'll make a difference. I'm doing it because I literally *don't trust them* enough to run (potentially) their closed-source code on my personal computer. I mean, recently the French government ordered MS to make Win10 collect less data.

Secondly, with the client-side issues with Protocolsupport, such as editing signs, it's *me* who has to put up with that, not you, and I don't care if I can't edit a sign tbh. I'll deal with it if it means I can still be a part of ORE without going back on my principles.

Thirdly, so long as Protocolsupport works, it doesn't require any further effort from the staff after installation.

Fourthly, if I were to leave the ORE community, at *least* 48 people, including LordDecapo, who I have talked about connecting IizR, would be disappointed due to the termination of intOREnet.

Fithly, if there's issues getting Protocolsupport to work I will wholehartedly help with that. Just tell me if there is - I'm at home for the next -I don't even know how long- and could literally dedicate 100% of my waking, non-eating hours to this if I wanted to for the next week/month, and I do.

Sixthly, c'mon. There aren't a whole lot of reasons for you to not be kind and let me still be a part of this. Frankly, I find it quite rude.

I hope you can reconsider as keeping Protocolsupport would mean a great deal to me.

-Slug

I just find it odd that we started catering to one person who is stubborned. And more admins then just me decoded to drop it. Really the only admin. For it was Pablo so he did not have to switch from 1.9 to 1.10 because some of his other servers are not updated.

RE: 1.10 Build and School Update - PabloDons - 07-25-2016

Literally 0% of Minecraft code is Microsoft made. All of it is mojangs work. I don't even think the user agreement people bought the game with can allow any kind of malware or spyware to be coded into the game. I don't even think that the agreement between Microsoft and mojang would allow them to order any kind of change in their code or anything behind the scenes. In fact the only executive decision ms has done is not allow companies to use Minecraft directly for advertisement. That doesn't even affect you.

On top of all that, there are hundreds of really smart people who decompile Minecraft and review every change they have made. If there is ever anything you need to worry about, it will be public and everyone would go mad and mojang will be ddosed like last time and they will be forced to undo their change.

(07-25-2016, 06:31 AM)Chibill Wrote: I just find it odd that we started catering to one person who is stubborned. And more admins then just me decoded to drop it. Really the only admin. For it was Pablo so he did not have to switch from 1.9 to 1.10 because some of his other servers are not updated.

I've already offered to help make sure this works so it's less 'admins catering to me' and more 'slug helping so he can still play'. Read the post above.

(07-25-2016, 02:55 PM)PabloDons Wrote: Literally 0% of Minecraft code is Microsoft made.

Closed-source

(07-25-2016, 02:55 PM)PabloDons Wrote: On top of all that, there are hundreds of really smart people who decompile Minecraft and review every change they have made.

Link?

Slug look up MCP for 1.10

RE: 1.10 Build and School Update - josh03222 - 07-25-2016

(07-25-2016, 04:02 AM)slugdude Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 07:23 PM)Chibill Wrote: We have dropped protocolsupport

RIP Slug

RIP intOREnet

RIP SMIc CPU

RIP life.

it shouldn't matter because you don't intorenet

RE: 1.10 Build and School Update - PabloDons - 07-25-2016

(07-25-2016, 04:04 PM)slugdude Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 02:55 PM)PabloDons Wrote: On top of all that, there are hundreds of really smart people who decompile Minecraft and review every change they have made.

Link?

I only know people from the zipcrowd from the top of my head
http://zipkrowd.com/memberBio/Wubbi.htm
http://zipkrowd.com/memberBio/CodeRaider.htm

There is multiple instances of them in snapshot review videos with the zipcrowd where they review code for maximum efficiency technical minecraft applications for new features. These guys are those who take it to the next level. If that doesn't convince you, you're being arrogant. According to you, the reason is trust. As you can clearly see, there is nothing to doubt mojang for.

Either way, what is malicious code gonna do? steal your ip? Collect your server list? That info is useless, even if associated with you. only thing of value you input into minecraft or minecraft has access to is your credentials. Even if you avoided 1.10, the credentials would still be easily stolen. Why don't you stop playing minecraft all together?