Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
1.10 Survival server is open! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: 1.10 Survival server is open! (/thread-10371.html)

Pages: 1 2

1.10 Survival server is open! - tokumei - 07-24-2016

I've just finished the 1.10 upgrade for the survival server. The server has a default world and all of the standard plugins: IRC integration and FunCommands being the most important imo. The only plugin we are missing is ProtocolSupport because it hasn't been updated yet. The server will only accept 1.10 connections for the time being - none of the earlier versions will work. We will be adding that plugin as soon as we can.

During the upgrade process we also switched hosts. I am now hosting this on my home server instead of Nickster's to take some of the load off of him. For the past few months, he has hosted school, survival, and skyblock, and we are all grateful to him for his donation. My server isn't the best, so you may experience some lag. Do not fret, as some hardware upgrades are coming next month! 

As of now, Chibill is working on the 1.10 upgrades for the other servers. They are nearly ready to be released as well, so keep watching the announcements so you know when the upgrade rolls out!

RE: 1.10 Survival server is open! - tokumei - 07-24-2016

I forgot to mention a couple of things:

- The rules for this server are the same as before. There is no griefing/hacking/stealing of any sort - doing so means you will be banned.

- The server is only open to builders. If you are not yet whitelisted, ask a staff member and they will help you out!

RE: 1.10 Survival server is open! - slugdude - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 01:11 AM)NonemuNinja Wrote: We will be adding that plugin as soon as we can.

<3 u Nonemu

(07-24-2016, 01:11 AM)NonemuNinja Wrote: As of now, Chibill is working on the 1.10 upgrades for the other servers. They are nearly ready to be released as well, so keep watching the announcements so you know when the upgrade rolls out!

Wait, if these are released *before* protocol support please don't say that'll mean I won't be able to join with my 1.8.0 client for a period of time.

RE: 1.10 Survival server is open! - Chibill - 07-24-2016

Slug just use 1.10... please. I don't see what your problem is with it.... (Also ProtocolSupport is updated but crashes the server on load so.... till that is fixed no protocolsupport)

Edit:
Just found a verison on there jenkins server that does not crash.

(07-24-2016, 04:03 AM)Chibill Wrote: Slug just use 1.10

I have stated my position and reasoning on this many times and am not about to repeat myself.

(07-24-2016, 04:03 AM)Chibill Wrote: Just found a verison on there jenkins server that does not crash.

Great, hope it gets added to survival soon so I won't be at a time disadvantage to other players.

RE: 1.10 Survival server is open! - PabloDons - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 02:59 PM)slugdude Wrote:

I have stated my position and reasoning on this many times and am not about to repeat myself.

ah yes, the infamous boycotting of Microsoft that has an equivalent effect on coca cola to routinely buying coke and refusing to drink it.

(07-24-2016, 05:00 PM)PabloDons Wrote:

ah yes, the infamous boycotting of Microsoft that has an equivalent effect on coca cola to routinely buying coke and refusing to drink it.

But I'm not giving MS any of my money

RE: 1.10 Survival server is open! - Nickster258 - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 05:48 PM)slugdude Wrote:

You bought the game already. You wouldn't be giving them money. You, in fact, already have. You bought a Mojang account that got bought by Microsoft, so you already gave them money.

Either way it's childish. If you don't want to play on our servers because of the update, then bye.

RE: 1.10 Survival server is open! - slugdude - 07-25-2016

(07-24-2016, 05:55 PM)Nickster258 Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 05:48 PM)slugdude Wrote:

You bought the game already. You wouldn't be giving them money. You, in fact, already have. You bought a Mojang account that got bought by Microsoft, so you already gave them money.

Either way it's childish. If you don't want to play on our servers because of the update, then bye.

I didn't buy the game, the account was given to me by a friend.

I still have trouble understanding how you find my personal principles about privacy and security 'childish'. Read the post on the other 1.10 thread which summarises my thoughts pretty well.

I don't need the survival server and I can understand why you may not want protocolsupport on survival, since if someone gives me a 1.9/10 item it converts it to another item, but this isn't a problem on build/school.

RE: 1.10 Survival server is open! - tokumei - 07-31-2016

Even better, you're pirating the game. While you're worried about "privacy and security" there is public evidence that says that you're playing the game illegally.

EDIT: Misread the post. Still, this kind of "activism" is definitely naive. I'm going on a whim and assuming that you hate Microsoft because they collect (and likely sell) data from their users. If you protest that, then you need to protest every other huge company out there. Google does it, Apple probably does it, and Amazon too.