Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
A Staff Change for the School Server - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: School Discussion (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: A Staff Change for the School Server (/thread-2727.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - EDevil - 03-16-2014

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - Xray_Doc - 03-16-2014

I still think we should have the new staff.

Back on topic bitches

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - EDevil - 03-16-2014

Well, how about making a poll then? But make sure to include a "neutral" option to it, for when you have no problems with both options.

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - greatgamer34 - 03-16-2014

Ive always wanted admin responsibilities :3

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - Epic_SkyPilot - 03-17-2014

Well maybe this is just me but I see this as an opportunity for many other things that would help the server. Honestly, joining school and build sounds like a bad idea. First off lag would be worse for sure, or at least it'd be harder to control. But secondly, I think making seperate staff for the school is actually a great way to make members throughout the whole community more proactive. Let me elaborate:

Myself included, some members really want the opportunity to have staff responsibilities. It's an intriguing thing, and maybe the school staff is a good way for people to test the waters and see what's it's like to have that extra voice and authority. And let's face it, the school is smaller than build and takes less management, there's no arguing that.

So maybe it would be a good idea to give a promising member staff on school. That way, the school can not only be better managed because it won't suffer from a major lack of authority, but the build staff also get to witness how they handle themselves in that position. Maybe this isn't a good idea after all, but the fact remains that something does need to be done for the school.

Personally I only go on it, and not build anymore. So I hope you all realize that I'm a dependable witness to what the school is like on a day to day basis. Since there are hardly ever any staff on, the behavior of many of the students and teachers alike is less than satisfactory. Of course it's not like this all the time, but whenever there are issues they are much bigger than the problem itself because there are no staff around to defuse the situation, or at least punish members accordingly.

School and build really are 2 seperate servers, so there should be 2 seperate staff groups operating both, it just makes sense. If not a seperate group, then at least promoting some members to staff that are on school pretty consistently, again such as myself. That's just one idea, but I don't think many disagree when I say there needs to be some changes in the staff roster, at least when it comes to managing the school.

Hopefully people listen when I say this, but I think it's about time for another election. Through my time on the server I talked to many staff about this subject, and almost all of them agreed that the staff needs refining. Inactive members, immature members, and unfair punishments are common staff plagues that I hear about from staff themselves.

Just think about it guys, you staff especially. It's about time to change the authority on the server. I think these recent months showed that staff can certainly be better. I'm not bashing you guys, don't get the wrong idea. We just need some members promoted to staff that are on the school server alot.

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - Guy1234567890 - 03-17-2014

Oh, when i posted on this thread i had not read OP. Now let me give my opinion. Multiverse is messy. Two separate servers is easier. End of story. *Lays experience card on table*

And now, regarding new staff: Request an election (use a poll as Evil said). If it gets enough interest then the nomination process begins as it always has. Staff will then select a few candidates among those nominated, and then an election will be held.

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - Chibill - 03-17-2014

I would say from my work as admin of my own server running the servers not merged is best. And I can help with being a moderator on school?

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - Iceglade - 03-17-2014

Looks like we're voting up the election, just wait until it's open.

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - Xray_Doc - 03-17-2014

You hold the election in the announcements forum. This is just for if people want the idea or not. You could link them to this poll from the announcements to get more people to vote.

RE: A Staff Change for the School Server - Dcentrics - 03-17-2014

Listen with 2 of our admins have been demoted/resigned in the last week we have decisions to make. Give us a bit of time to work with the information at hand. Lets see what makes of this.