Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Can the Raspberry Pi 2 run the pc version of Minecraft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the Raspberry Pi 2 run the pc version of Minecraft? I've been trying to look it up, but no one is giving a definite answer. Someone will say no, then another person post a work around, but no one is saying "Yes I got it working." or "No, no amount of work arounds will help."

Comparing specs to my laptop, Rpi2 have 0.9GHz quad core and my laptop has 1.86GHz one core. Does Minecraft multi-thread? If not, does having a second core to handle the OS provide enough of a speed boost?

Rpi2 has 1GB ram; my laptop has 1.5GB

Graphics is unknown for both, but my laptop has less than half a GB of VRAM. I heard Rpi doesn't support the right version of OpenGL, but mentions something about GLShim to fix the problem.

Finally, there was someone saying that PC version uses some platform specific code, but IDK how true it is.

Thank you for your time and answers. If no one can tell me, I might risk getting it anyways. I'm just hoping it's not a waste of $40 if I get it.
Well it might work. As there are app to run PC Minecraft on Android tablets with weaker arm chips then the RP2
(09-22-2015, 09:54 PM)Chibill Wrote: [ -> ]Well it might work. As there are app to run PC Minecraft on Android tablets with weaker arm chips then the RP2

Nice, I'll give it a try then. Another question though, do you recommend installing Linux or Android when I get the board?