Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: current state of autoprogram
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know the current state of /autoprogram?

Is it "live"? When I type /autoprogram in-game, I get "Unknown command. Type "/help" for help.

Does anybody have the source code?
I'm pretty sure 1.8 isn't out yet. when it comes out, it will have autoprogram, not to worry
I believe it is a // command, it is in game, as I have seen Mort show me examples... unless he made it staff only during his testing..

Btw, in order to use auto program, u have to put the autoprogram file in ur schems folder via schems.openredstone.org
And I'd still like some sort of short documentation on how to make a prog file :/

I dont know who is currently maintaining it though
I've tried "autoprogram" and "program" as in-game commands (preceded by either one or two slashes)... no joy.

I couldn't see a video linked from the autoprogram announcement, but I found this YouTube - it's just a demonstration of the command with quick introduction/explanation.

I even went as far as looking at OREUtilsV2 on GitHub, but couldn't see any reference to autoprogram - it's quite possible I missed something there seeing as I haven't java'd in a while, and bro... I don't even python.

So I guess my question has become: does anybody use autoprogram? has anybody ever used it?
Well its not on github. But here is its srouce from mort on his pastebin clone. http://pbin.in/m
Nice, thanks.

Hmmm.. suspicious looking code... maybe in a week, I'll be one of the ones asking "Bro, do you even python?" Wink
Its has some none normal python stuff because it is running from pyloader (which let's you import java classes using jython.)
Ah... I was looking into not just for the in-game functionality, but also as an intro to Minecraft mods in general.

Thanks for the heads-up, maybe I'll be better off using some other mod as a guide. I'm not sure I want to open the whole "can of snakes" that is python.
There is alarge amount of Open Src mods out there. http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/List_...Forge_Mods