Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Overhauling my GUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Decided to update my gui for a parallel hex wire, a nicer 1 bit memory cell, and a more compact hex to binary converter, i will also need to update my "jpeg file" for parallel bussing, but i have a long weekend coming up, but smash bros/friends may take priority.

[Image: WlXnBVh.png]

This is the "jpeg file" its 64 looping shifting memory cells programmed using 4 binary to hex converters on the left side, and the serial busser on the right unloads 6 signal strengths per signal, 4 for the horizontal display, 1 to pick the vertical row which is chosen by the subtracting memory cell clock, and a trigger. Each signal has the minimum 2 comparator gap between signals but can be adjusted to a slower pace if needed by adjusting the yellow, its currently at 3 ticks.

[Image: qsU4pIk.png]
This is the old display, ive never hooked them up yet, haven't had time and i wanted to make the binary converter smaller.

[Image: Jx7brXd.png]
This is the Hex to Binary converter i came up with, it's a split hopper dropper decoder, it's 7 tall but it can overlap 1 if you block the signal from crossing.

[Image: HsRigzL.png]
1 bit memory cells to hold a pixel on, it will clear before setting the new value instantly

[Image: VqcQNSl.png]
Size Comparison, on the left takes 16 set of 6 hex, on the right takes 4 set of 5 hex since the verical can be the trigger because it never will be 0, only 1-4, or it can be 4 hex over 20 wires, which would you prefer?

[Image: isT7OtP.png]

[Image: 8iWKwuu.png]
Interesting design. I typically don't like using hopper/dropper things in my circuits, but they aren't bad.

I have a few designs for hex to binary that you might be interested in.
I've posted about them here: http://forum.openredstone.org/showthread.php?tid=3565

Also, It doesn't seem like you're a member on the server. Have you considered applying?
I dont like using hopper/droppers for pulsers but they are good for holding value until the signal changes. Ive thought about joining but i dont have a good internet connection so it would just slow down my build speed, but iwouldnt mind joining to show off some builds or work with others on some projects.
Well hey, I've managed with ~18 kB/s connection on ORE for a few months before
I had to play on a laptop for a few months. no mouse and less than 10 fps most of the time. still played for hours every day. I love this server.
hey Apocryphan o/
Hi TacoMan!

Ok, so i decided to make each 4hx16w modular by moving the AND gate triggers to the center, each 4hx16w only needs 4 data sets of 5 hex, so if you include the 2 tick gap between signals, it should only take 48 ticks to load the whole gui with a picture, no matter the size, as long as each 4x16 has it's own wire, i'm not sure if you'd consider it parallel since the wires don't send a fraction of each data set, but it does send a fraction of the overall picture on each wire.

[Image: 84Tawhp.png]

[Image: 3BoAXAQ.png]

Full Album:
http://imgur.com/a/4vROM
So I'm just trying to wrap my head around how it functions.

Each square of 16 pixels is controlled by 4 hex values but you still need another one to control which of the 4 rows the data goes to?

also, what are you going to drive this beast with?
In each 4x16 reciever it uses the four 4 bit values to write 1 line, and the other value just picks which line. The four 4 bit values will trigger the AND gates vertically, and then the horizontal will be pulsed.

1-2-4-8 1-2-4-8 1-2-4-8 1-2-4-8

So for each 4x16 you will need 20 hex values, sent in 4 sets of 5. And for a 16x16rewritable you just use 4 separate wires, 1 for each 4x16 chunk.

The hex serial busser is really simple, and the decoders are easy to time, i will make a few controls for this, using 4 binary to hex decodees and an array of shifting memory cells for a rewritable file, or just using hoppers and 4 serial bussers per wire. I can upload a schematic or world after work if you want to see it and tinker.
Sounds about right.

It reminds me of what I was doing earlier this year except I used a package designator and timing to send the data to the right spot. So, I only needed 16 hex values to fill the 64 pixels.

http://forum.openredstone.org/showthread.php?tid=1968
first version had me doing the hex conversion on paper to load the memory lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4