Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: IRCLib is now publicly available!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After a long while of developing my IRC library that I use for all my bots, it's finally available to the public! You can download the current version from http://github.com/AGausmann/IRCLib/releases. I still haven't made the documentation, but feel free to play around with it if you want!

I've also open-sourced my IRC bot (DJBot_) on Github at http://www.github.com/AGausmann/IRCBot. That is a fully working bot prototype, and has a full documentation for getting started if you're not interested in developing your own.

Discuss/improve down below.
EDIT: I'm also happy because I've learned Git in less than a day, and was able to successfully add a GitHub repo as a remote :3
Could you give a feature overview at least? I'd be interested in making a client at some point with it.
(02-09-2014, 02:50 PM)Iceglade Wrote: [ -> ]Could you give a feature overview at least? I'd be interested in making a client at some point with it.

ya, don't worry, I will be updating the wiki (and should have added comments to the library itself. I'll get on it in a bit
Any thoughts? I'll be getting a version ready to put on pypi and easy install.
Is it comparable with jython?
(02-10-2014, 10:21 PM)Chibill Wrote: [ -> ]Is it comparable with jython?

I'm not a big fan of jython... just learn how to use python instead. Tongue
Its the same as python (2.7) but lets us use the nice Java stuff like (opengl) without having to relearn it. It should work.
OpenGL is by no means "java stuff". I bet that it is actually more efficient to use the native python opengl wrapper instead of a java library/wrapper with jython.
I don't even get why you would want to use OpenGL for an IRC program... or any java classes. Python has enough libraries already to make an IRC client.
>OpenGL
>IRC
>What the actual hell am I reading
Pages: 1 2