Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Minecraft Tutor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

New here. Fear I am posting in contravention of the rules but here it goes. I am looking for a “Tutor” (happy to pay for a few hours a week) to help my 8yo son transition from Bedrock edition on Console to Java on PC. He is very interested in building more Redstone contraptions and being able to use command blocks and hope will learned Java and programming fare fundamentals while at it. 

Is there a more appropriate section for this post? If so, apologies and please direct me!
Hello and welcome to the forums! I don't really know of anyone here who tutors in the typical sense, but we have many players who love educating those who are interested in learning.

You may or may not be familiar, but we focus on computational Redstone, essentially using redstone as a logical emulator to build functional computers within the game. I'm not sure this would be of interest to you or your son, but if it is, we have a server where others often help teach some basic redstone mechanics. I shall warn you, however, that the topics discussed in chat can become wildly off topic and often times are not suitable for some age groups.

There are other redstone servers out there that may be more suitable for him and his interest. One that comes to mind is Styms.

You may also be interested in YouTubers who help teach these things. Unfortunately the only two that come to mind is Newomaster and Bennyscube who are amazing in the computational world of redstone but may not be as educational elsewhere.
Wow redstone-server.info is still going?