Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Got any annoyances whatsoever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I was feeling like improving something, so I decided to make this thread. Basically, throw everything you have been annoyed by (on ORE) in here, and I/we will see what we can do.

This can be anything from web services (forums, homepage, /schems etc) to commands or plugins. Or maybe a spelling mistake or bad wording in a guide. Basically, anything you feel could be improved.

√ [website] Fix IRC on phones
√ [forums] Make the quick reply text field fill the entire container
√ [forums] Look into email notifications
√ [forums] Raise image attachment file size limit
√ [forums] Add link to website in the menu bar
* [website] Fix font size and image resizing on smaller displays
* [in game] Add link to [url]http://openredstone.org/?page_id=46[/url] (apply guide) on a visitor's first join
The email notification doesn't work on the forums.
On iPod 4g safari and iOS 6.1.3 the main web site is still zoomed in by default to where only the links are useable and the IrC is not at all.

Also the fact that if you view the only unread thing on a forum it does not turn off the most upper unread light.

Email does work but has an hour and half delay.
(10-10-2013, 08:09 PM)Chibill Wrote: [ -> ]On iPod 4g safari and iOS 6.1.3 the main web site is still zoomed in by default to where only the links are useable and the IrC is not at all.

Also the fact that if you view the only unread thing on a forum it does not turn off the most upper unread light.

Email does work but has an hour and half delay.
I never got a confirmation email. I have quintuple-checked it and resent it 20 times... Also that's called a "website optimized for mobile users." That's not a bug.
It's a bug because the IRC in not useable and you can zoom out.
(10-10-2013, 08:14 PM)Chibill Wrote: [ -> ]It's a bug because the IRC in not useable and you can zoom out.

Some stuff is just not compatible with a phone, apperantly IRC is one of those things.
Yeah that irc client wasn't made for mobile devices. It only works on my iPad because I have a special browser.
I don't know if this fits here, but I still think survival should be reset. Tongue
There's no reason the IRC client shouldn't work on a phone. The only reason it didn't work was me being sluggish with the positioning CSS when I implemented it. Fixed now though.

The client's UI wasn't designed with phones in mind though, so it likely doesn't look awesome. It works just fine though. In theory that is, I still only have a cheap dumbphone and no real way to fiddle with the layout on a phone screen for an extended period of time.

Making the image rescale on smaller displays proved to be harder than I thought.

DJ, did you quintuple-check junk mail? I'll try to look into it..

We pretty much landed on resetting surv once 1.7 comes out IIRC :p
Really? I was told we were just moving spawn... that's great news!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6