Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: [UPDATE] Singal Strength Calculator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: OKIDqspl.png]

Update: I have set a warp for the device. To get to it use "/warp ssc".
If you do "/pwarp shadekiller666" there is also a sign that has the warp on it, if you right click that sign it will also warp you to the calculator.

Hello everyone, a few weeks ago while working on Sudoku 2.0 with Newomaster, I was doing a lot of bussing with analog signals and was getting frustrated with having to test how much of an item I needed to put into an inventory to get a desired signal strength. I got so tired counting and doing the stupid formula (yes there is a formula), that i built a "calculator" (it doesn't really calculate anything, its just a screen hooked up to a massive ROM unit) so that if anyone ever needs to know how many items they need, there is an easy way of finding out. I have yet to make a warp to it yet as im not sure if I'm going to move it, nor do i know exactly what to call it or the warp (suggestions are welcome), in the mean time, to get to it, warp to /pwarp shadekiller666, turn around and look up, the massive quartz and orange/gray wool is the screen, the control room is on top.

To use it:
1. Input the desired signal strength in binary on the left side of the room by flipping the levers.

[Image: QbrlWtWl.png]

2. Input the number of slots/type of inventory (Furnace, Hopper, Dispenser/Dropper, 1-wide Chest/Trapped Chest, 2-wide Chest/Trapped Chest) by pressing the corresponding button on the back wall of the room.

[Image: XwIrcAql.png]

3. Input the maximum size of a stack of whatever item it is that you want to use on the right-hand wall. (ie. if you want to use cobble, the stack size would be 64, using a tool like a picaxe or sword would be a stack size of 1, and using snowballs would be a stack of 16).

[Image: KlfIWU2l.png]

4. When you have entered these three things, press the "Enter" button on the right-hand wall and wait a second or two. The screen will display the number of items required. If the screen doesn't update after a few seconds, press it again. An output of "----" means that it is not possible to get the desired signal strength with the specified inventory type and stack size.

[Image: zaOy8ECl.png]

This is what it looks like from where you land when doing /pwarp shadekiller666:

[Image: qnchfdil.png]

The Redstone:

[Image: voFMBI8l.png]

[Image: WRl6q6Wl.png]

[Image: cRBI3Whl.png]

[Image: z2EkrsJl.png]

Come use it any time! Big Grin
And please help me come up with a name Tongue.
Big Grin Looks awesome
I think this is the hard way of doing it, why not program it in a programming language. But hey, it works and it's awesome. So you've got my approval!
Why this get views but not my 8 bit decoder that's about 20 ticks in projects. But still my stamp of apporvel!