Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Breadboard Adder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I'm currently at university right now studying computer engineering and as part of my digital logic design class (which, if I might add, is super easy with redstone experience xD) we built a binary adder on a breadboard out of some DIP CMOS chips. The power and I/O is being handled by a Basys3 FPGA (the board on the right). I have the FPGA programmed to run through the adder's truth table and display the I/O on the green LEDs near the bottom. Just thought I'd share, since it's kinda cool!

https://youtu.be/6Vu6l51r9RI
Cool. I started college this year. (In September I think) And I am studying CS at IIT. So i not going to learn about Hardware much but. Maybe after four years to get a Degree in CS I might go back for one in CE. Then I will have a degree in both sides of computers.

Still back on topic very nice.
Nice. I've aways wanted to make a cpu out of chips, but I just don't have motivation, or time, or money. But Adders are cool Big Grin.
Professor, "Lets talk about computers" Newo, "What would you like to know..."

lol that so cool i cant wait for college, i'm shooting for Berkeley
I really want to go to college, but I'm stuck in school where we have to learn stuff like "Foundations of science".
ugh
I made a breadboard adder out of TTL once, I think I showed you at worlds xD
[Image: oreDluo.jpg]
I have that same FPGA newo, i just got done with a MOS 6502 emulator on mine! Big Grin it was a project for my Digital Systems Design Course!