Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-102.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks (/thread-1003.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - shrogg - 09-16-2013

So we were talking about commandblocks. and obviously its the next step in redstone.

The redstone community has probably quadrupled since the addition of commandblocks. Its an enormous untapped resource thats just waiting for a decent server.

So here's the question:

Do you want a Commandblock World/Server?

Note that this is not a guaranteed addition, but some of us are really pushing for it.

Have larger feelings that cannot be expressed in a small poll? then post a reply Smile

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - Darkroom - 09-17-2013

Here is my deal with command blocks if anyone uses them in a harmful way it is an instant IP ban but that is just my deal. Trust me that would be a huge deterrent to misuse of them.

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - shrogg - 09-17-2013

Yeah, Thats the only problem so far. :/

If we can work around that, then its free running, I do have a few ideas about how to tackle it too.

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - newomaster - 09-17-2013

I'm sure there are ways to disable the harmful commands with command blocks. Also, scoreboard commands might get tricky if they entangle a lot (maybe you have to always put your name on a scoreboard command (provided I understand how scoreboard commands work, you can name them anything right?)).

Woot this is my 256th post Big Grin

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - shrogg - 09-17-2013

Woot!

And yeah.

I have a few ways to setup a server to use command blocks, One of them is this
Have multiverse create a Small 256x world for every member that gains access to that server, Each world is kept unloaded until someone who has a world logs in, they are put into a holding world while their world is loaded. Once its loaded they can teleport to this world.
In that world they have full commandblock access. (except for ban/kick/etc) and if we can do it, /say will be limited to their local region.
If the player logs out, the world is kept loaded for 5 minutes. then gets closed.

This server would be limited by the amount of worlds it can have loaded, but it shouldn't be an issue on a small scale.

If it is needed, we could go large and take donations to actually hire a few servers and have a proper network of servers which people can use commandblocks on (Because i can see a commandblock allowing server that wants its users to make adventure maps become VERY popular)

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - Chibill - 09-17-2013

I say yes or you can use python to script it so command blocks only get the power to do what members can.

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - Xray_Doc - 09-17-2013

Just remove world editing commands such as @p and we should be fine.

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - David - 09-17-2013

you couln't do /op /kick and /ban in the first place, so those commands are not a problem.

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - tokumei - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 02:57 AM)Xray_Doc Wrote: Just remove world editing commands such as @p and we should be fine.

But what if you want to check a certain coordinate with @p? A better idea would be to find a way so @p is restricted to their plot boundaries.

RE: Poll: Do you want Commandblocks - Konstacon - 09-17-2013

Ehmm... CommandBlocks are a bit useless IMO (unless you are sethbling) and can drive the server crazy. I vote no, because there really isn't a good point to have them.

Thanks,Snug