Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General computing and engineering (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-66.html)
+--- Thread: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC (/thread-9328.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - newomaster - 02-08-2016

This is a plate that I designed in CAD for mounting gearbox components in a FIRST robot. One of our sponsors let us use their CNC to fabricate them, and they turned out really sexy. It was super satisfying seeing them in real life for the first time: 
[Image: IMG_0980.jpg]

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - ddthj - 02-09-2016

Our team is also outsourcing our fancy metal cuts. They haven't come back in yet though.

rip 14 days to end of season...

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - newomaster - 02-14-2016

(02-09-2016, 02:09 PM)ddthj Wrote: Our team is also outsourcing our fancy metal cuts. They haven't come back in yet though.

rip 14 days to end of season...

Good luck! Nice to see other teams making robots out of more than just box tubes...

My team has been driving our practice robot around for quite a while now as we make parts for our competition bot, and it's going great! We've got massive 12.5'' wheels this year to clear the defenses. Here's a picture of the hubs we use to mount our 6'' gears and sprockets to them. They're also custom-designed and CNCd, and are arguably more awesome than the gearbox plates:
[Image: c4Zmvv4.jpg]

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - ddthj - 02-14-2016

Will your robot be able to fit under the low bar?

Ours will be able to clear all defenses* and go under the low bar.

*on paper

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - newomaster - 02-15-2016

Yea we go under the low bar. We've decided the omit the ability to do one of the defence groups (sally port/drawbridge) because it's not necessary for the RP if we can fit under the low bar. That being said, we are still working on a mechanism which can theoretically do these too (basically it's a long arm that will also telescope to hook onto the tower so we can climb too). As far as the other defences, though, we can and have cleared all of them with no problem.

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - MW3_587786 - 02-20-2016

bootyfull

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - ddthj - 02-23-2016

Does your team have a "midnight club?"

I have a quiz and an important presentation tomorrow, both of which I will be half asleep. Our team has a tradition of staying up until midnight to finish working on the robot.

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - newomaster - 02-28-2016

;_; My team has a midnight club every day. /r/nosleep

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - ddthj - 03-08-2016

What's your team #?

I'm on 4561, we are currently 12th in our state, how about you?

RE: Sexy CNC gearbox plate for FRC - newomaster - 03-08-2016

My team is 2175, we haven't been to any competitions yet this year.