Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Projects & Inventions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-19.html)
+---- Forum: In Progress (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-20.html)
+---- Thread: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! (/thread-6463.html)

Pages: 1 2

Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - LordDecapo - 05-11-2015

I am formally starting a ToDo list for the IizR Project and it's related programming projects, such as VoltzLive's Kernel/maths programs and my group effort Pokemon!

As many of you know, I make changes to IizR a.. lot... recently however I have decided I have found with IizR14 the design I will be sticking with.

I know I am on IizR15 now, but the name change was more from added features, and slightly shifted specs, all of which are for the better. Given the quantity of said changes, we decided to update the revision from 14 to 15, 14 will officially be the version of the 1.7.9 RegFile plots (warp iizr14) and IizR15 will be the one on the huge 4x4 RegFile plot ( just do /iizr or /warp iizr15 to get to it).

The changes recently have been focused on speeding Up code that is stored in external Mass Storage as well as give more Inter-Process control (i.e. being able to do context swaps in 2 cycles rather than 28 like before, and having the hardware stack auto overflow to make it 40 bytes deep)

With all this being said, finally am starting to see an end in site and have come up with a ToDo list for the CPU. Once that list is knocked out, I will throw together a UI and other misc. Hardware.

The ToDo list is as follows
  • Add Internal & External data space offset registers
  • Mod RAM to be better pipeline friendly and remove a bleed found on the Data in
  • Add context swapping page based memory
  • Finish branch prediction system
  • Finish DMA (requires offset registers and RAM to be completed)
  • Finish making the 'Tagging system' that will be used in the Instruction Cache and the Branch Prediction Cache
  • Wire in the final parts of the System Data addressing system
  • make the Control Bits spreadsheet and wire up the final control systems.
  • DEBUG (god help me)

That is 'all' I need to do and it will be completed. I know it appears to be a long list but it's actually quite short compared to how long it has been in the past.

(NOTE: will be adding links to info and stuff regarding the Kernel and Pokemon stuff later today after I get off work)

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - Tommyand - 05-20-2015

(05-11-2015, 04:53 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: (NOTE: will be adding links to info and stuff regarding the Kernel and Pokemon stuff later today after I get off work)

One week later...

I'm interested in this Pokemon stuff! What's up? The kernel too, what's that?

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - LordDecapo - 05-20-2015

(05-20-2015, 03:59 AM)Tommyand Wrote:
(05-11-2015, 04:53 PM)LordDecapo Wrote: (NOTE: will be adding links to info and stuff regarding the Kernel and Pokemon stuff later today after I get off work)

One week later...

Whoops! My ADHD is worse at some times then others. 
Ill try to post stuff tonight on this.
the kernel is being mainlY done by voltzlive. 

The Pokémon will be a direct port of Pokémon Yellow's battle system, with all Gen 1 Pokémon and moves, plus SOME potions (at first there will only be 15 pokemon, 32 moves I will expand once I get the bugs in the system worked out)
This will have player Vs AI and player v player (local and network) as well as a user profile system, so you can have your own team of 6 pokemon, and rank them up. in each battle you can use 1, 2 or 3 pokemon and cycle through them (based on the game mode).
I may even try and do a 2v2 kinda system.

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - ΔⲠnope - 05-23-2015

(05-20-2015, 04:41 PM)LordDecapo Wrote:

One week later...

The Pokémon will be a direct port of Pokémon Yellow's battle system, with all Gen 1 Pokémon and moves, plus SOME potions (at first there will only be 15 pokemon, 32 moves I will expand once I get the bugs in the system worked out)
This will have player Vs AI and player v player (local and network) as well as a user profile system, so you can have your own team of 6 pokemon, and rank them up. in each battle you can use 1, 2 or 3 pokemon and cycle through them (based on the game mode).

This is seriously awesome, just remember to have pikachu Big Grin. How playable will it be? how much latency do you expect between choosing a move and your opponent seeing the move, or do you not know yet?

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - Tommyand - 05-28-2015

(05-20-2015, 04:41 PM)LordDecapo Wrote:

One week later...

Oooooohhh. This all sounds neat...

Any details on the kernel? What's it going to be, monolithic or a microkernel? What's it going to be like? How do you call syscalls? Etc... (I'm also assuming it's a kernel (for an OS?) for your processor.)

Hmmm. If you're going to be doing all this (more complicated) stuff, maybe you should start looking into a higher level language for use w/ your IS?

xD

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - LordDecapo - 05-29-2015

I'm not working on the kernel that much directly as of yet, that is John's (Voltz) thing that he is doing with the CPU. The hardware is optimized for quick System Calls/Returns as well as fast context switching.

This will all be written in a C-Like language that like 5 people are having there hands in, helping make it as functional as possible. You will be able to write code on ur IRL computer, then run a custom compiler to build the /autoprogram configuration. This will allow you to wrote super long programs, and still be able to modify them w/o spending ages placing torches

Ps... I made a SUPER SUPER compact test program that is a series of functions related to the Fibinocci sequence last night. I also began porting over the battle mechanics for 1st Gen pokemon. I have my registers and contexts set up to always have the data I need to do proper damage and turn calculations. I should have the algorithm for a full move ported some time this weekend. Then the rest is just menu and multilayer stuff

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - slugdude - 07-29-2015

Capo, we previously discussed connecting your LAN of IizRs to intOREnet via a device that converts between the protocols, but for me to have any idea of how to handle the addresses etc then I will need the spec of IizR's protocol. Mind posting this to me at some point?

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - LordDecapo - 07-30-2015

IizR will be running a 7 wire connection for LAN.
2 4bit/tick + 1 initiate for both UP and DOWN. Plus 1 additional wire for a Clock.
This will have a setup where you send a 2 byte lead packet to tell what the next packets will be. Then the following packets will be the data to be worked on/instructions for Over-Network-Hardware control.
The lead packet format hasn't been set in stone yet.
My networking will be handled by a separate system then the CPU itself. It will plug into Hardware port 1 (I have 0-7) and from there I will either make a single purpose network card to work on my network then have an external translator. Or I may make the network card be a hybrid and allow for software to toggle it between IzNet and intOREnet protocols.

I was hoping to work on installing interrupt and hardware support on my CPU yesterday, but I was doing windows 10 upgrade and my laptop took 5 tries before It accepted the upgrade the right way. I will be on my phone on IRC later today and on the server tonight for a couple hours to try and do that install

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - LordDecapo - 07-30-2015

Also UPDATE!!!
the ToDo list has been changed a bit
-Install Hardware Support (unit made, just needs install)
-finish installing the Branch Prediction setup
-finish building and install SSD
-wire up misc. Odds and ends throughout the CPU
- add decodor for instructions

RE: Iizr15:ToDo - Computer + Pokemon! - himehowareu - 12-19-2015

Any updates on this project