Forums - Open Redstone Engineers
Belatedness - Printable Version

+- Forums - Open Redstone Engineers (https://forum.openredstone.org)
+-- Forum: ORE General (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://forum.openredstone.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Belatedness (/thread-6361.html)

Belatedness - Tommyand - 05-01-2015

*Ahem...*
Hi! This thread comes a bit late, and I don't think I've posted here before, so here goes...

I'm that person who plays violin, and likes figuring out computers, and always gains new projects, leaving the old ones behind. Err... I'm still working on that one. Oh, my minecraft username is currently Kitlith. I'll look into changing my forum name at some point...

So, I started playing Minecraft back when it was in alpha. Someone suggusted it to me, and I tried it out on their laptop. They didn't get their laptop back for hours... And then the next day... ... So, eventually, I bought it. $17.43, I believe it was at the time...

But that was not when I got into redstone. A while afterwards, I started haring about all the cool things that people do, though. So I started learning. And, as time went on, I became less interested in survival, and more interestested in creative redstone. Then, well, I found this server.

While here, I've debated a few times whether or not to apply for the build server, and I'm finally going to do it, after I finish making a "slice" of my FPGA, which I plan to build for my trial. After that... ?

When I have a plot on the build server, I want to be a part of the intOREnet. I might never build a CPU to connect to it, but I want to still try.

And one last thing: I'm never going to stop learning. For all intents and purposes (besides WE), I will still be a student even after I become a builder. I would like to thank this community for the experiences had so far, those teachers patient enough to show me something, and the staff, whom have (mostly...) all been kind. Even if there was some dirty language in there. Finally, to those of you who just became a student themselves, and were waiting for a teacher, and had no idea what binary was, thank you for tolerating my half-baked explanation. I hope I helped, too.

Finally, for anyone that will be reading this, and is thinking about applying, I have a warning. This server does contain people with dirty minds, and slightly less dirty mouths. While I try to stay PG, other people won't. Another thing: The reason why you need to apply for either the build server or the school server is to test motivations. It's somewhat of a commitment, and it's a burden on the world/server to have empty plots that are never used by anyone.
I am glad for the good (or bad, as the case may be...) people in the community, and hope that more people will come and learn.

Phew, that was long... I'm done now.

RE: Belatedness - tokumei - 05-01-2015

Quote:The reason why you need to apply for either the build server or the school server is to test motivations.

Agreed. Just think what would happen if every single visitor who came applied? It's a test of patience and interest as well.

RE: Belatedness - Tommyand - 05-02-2015

(05-01-2015, 04:48 PM)NonemuNinja Wrote:
Quote:The reason why you need to apply for either the build server or the school server is to test motivations.

Agreed. Just think what would happen if every single visitor who came applied? It's a test of patience and interest as well.

Hm, maybe we should put something like this on the application pages. Oh, wait. It probably won't make a difference, since the ones who are going to be mad about having to apply will be mad either way... Sad 

I wish it wasn't that way, but that's the feeling I get.